Veendam questions

cruisincorgi

I am a newbie to HAL, have mostly sailed NCL. Like the activities NCL has to offer and the size of the ships. I am booked on the Veendam to Bermuda in June with my wife and 12 year old daughter. I am really looking forward to the 4 days in port and experiencing a new (older) ship. My concern is basic: How is this ship, given its age and size? Can a 12 year old have fun on her? Thanks

I am a newbie to HAL, have mostly sailed NCL. Like the activities NCL has to offer and the size of the ships. I am booked on the Veendam to Bermuda in June with my wife and 12 year old daughter. I am really looking forward to the 4 days in port and experiencing a new (older) ship. My concern is basic: How is this ship, given its age and size? Can a 12 year old have fun on her? Thanks

I am also new to HAL. We are on the June 13th sailing. How about yourself? We have a roll call thread going on if this is your sailing.

Adam

No, we are going on the June 6 sailing. If anyone else is on that sailing, I'd like to be a part of a roll call (whatever that is?). Thanks

From the main menu scroll down to roll calls. Then click on Holland, then click on Veendam and look for your sailing date. They are not in any order so you might have to look around.

The Veendam went through a complete refit in March 2009. All cabins were refreshed and many areas of the ship changed. There are children friendly areas inside and outside at the stern of the ship. Remember that you will only be at sea for two full days on this Bermuda cruise so your children should be just fine. Take a couple of their favorite DVDs with you since all cabins have a flat screen TV and DVD. The great thing about this ship, and many other HAL ships, is the covered Lido pool area. Even if you run into rain they can enjoy the pool!

Bermuda is a great Island and a perfect cruise out of NYC!

I think you will also find that the Vendam crew will treat your daughter like a little "Queen"! Many of them have children at home in the Philippines and Indonesia and they are delighted to see children whenever they have the opportunity.

We spent five weeks on this ship a year or so ago and had just a wonderful time!

No, we are going on the June 6 sailing. If anyone else is on that sailing, I'd like to be a part of a roll call (whatever that is?). Thanks

We are on the June 6th sailing and I have been checking for a roll call for months----so far there hasn't been one.

So why not start one yourself?

Doesn't the person who starts the roll call have to organize the meet and greet? I have started two in the past and have done the organizing. Not that I minded but it is just one more thing to fuss over when preparing for the cruise. Maybe I am just lazy.:D

If one doesn't appear early in the New Year I guess I will have to step up because I do enjoy the get-togethers and the fact that you then have people you have met to talk to as the cruise progresses.

Doesn't the person who starts the roll call have to organize the meet and greet? I have started two in the past and have done the organizing. Not that I minded but it is just one more thing to fuss over when preparing for the cruise. Maybe I am just lazy.:D

If one doesn't appear early in the New Year I guess I will have to step up because I do enjoy the get-togethers and the fact that you then have people you have met to talk to as the cruise progresses.

I was always under the impression that starting a roll call has nothing to do with the "Meet And Greet."

I was always under the impression that starting a roll call has nothing to do with the "Meet And Greet."

Ziggy is right, the two things have no real connection.......except that the person who is motivated enough to start the Roll Call will often carry that energy into the planning of the Meet & Greet.

Oh, how we miss the days when we were allowed to call them cocktail parties!

Archived