UpSell Fairy

craigandjessica

We got the call yesterday for the Triumph sailing Saturday out of New Orleans...offerred us a Premium balcony 9B (larger balcony) cabin 8427 for 50pp...Had booked a balcony (cabin 6383) on a pack & go rate a couple of weeks ago. Of course we took it. total pp price was 328..I think we did good ...has anyone been in that cabin before. Any drawbacks..I know we are below the covered pool deck and maybe part of the buffet but we are early risers and the moving of the chairs in the morning never bothered us before.

We got the call yesterday for the Triumph sailing Saturday out of New Orleans...offerred us a Premium balcony 9B (larger balcony) cabin 8427 for 50pp...Had booked a balcony (cabin 6383) on a pack & go rate a couple of weeks ago. Of course we took it. total pp price was 328..I think we did good ...has anyone been in that cabin before. Any drawbacks..I know we are below the covered pool deck and maybe part of the buffet but we are early risers and the moving of the chairs in the morning never bothered us before.

Not been in the room but had others sailing with us in it. Nice room and Balcony, sweet deal!!! No brainer..... Enjoy your cruise!

The Upsell Whatever offered us an upgrade on our 5 night Inspiration cruise. We had booked it for $265 pp for an ocean view. When I asked the advantages, he said a balcony and priority embarkation and debarkation. Well, as Platinums, we already have the priority embarkation and debarkation. The conclusion - not worth $80/night for a balcony!

Thank you for that picture. We arrived in Tampa this morning and are hanging out until Monday's cruise. It is a bit chilly, it is around 65 degrees here. It was 50 degrees in Minnesota yesterday in Minnesota so not the heat wave I was hoping for.

It was hot here last week and probably will be next week :D You just happened to visit during winter.

Thank you for that picture. We arrived in Tampa this morning and are hanging out until Monday's cruise. It is a bit chilly, it is around 65 degrees here. It was 50 degrees in Minnesota yesterday in Minnesota so not the heat wave I was hoping for.

Have fun on your cruise and vacation regardless of the temp outside. I could only imagine how cold/snowy it COULD be in minnesota.

To the person asking about 8427 on the triumph. I'd take the 50/pp deal in a heartbeat! I had 8435 and "toured" 8433 as we had made friends with the couple in it and they were gracious enough to show us what a 9a looked like. On the final day I peeked into 8427 to check out the room thinking it was an L shape but realized it wasn't. Nice looking room and a nice looking balcony. From 8435 we only heard deck chair scraping once on a 4 night cruise so you'll probably be fine with that room.

Ok so the upsell fairy called today and offered us an upgrade from a porthole inside to a grand suite for $400 total. I took it. Good Deal, Bad Deal Ok Deal, What do you think? My husband didn't want to do it but too late now. It is for a 5 night cruise.

Outstanding deal, I would have done it in a heartbeat!:)

Have fun on your cruise and vacation regardless of the temp outside. I could only imagine how cold/snowy it COULD be in minnesota.

To the person asking about 8427 on the triumph. I'd take the 50/pp deal in a heartbeat! I had 8435 and "toured" 8433 as we had made friends with the couple in it and they were gracious enough to show us what a 9a looked like. On the final day I peeked into 8427 to check out the room thinking it was an L shape but realized it wasn't. Nice looking room and a nice looking balcony. From 8435 we only heard deck chair scraping once on a 4 night cruise so you'll probably be fine with that room.

Do you have any pictures of your 8435?

The upsell fairy called us on black Friday...lol...we were booked in a penthouse suite and for $1000 for the 4 of us we were moved into an Owners Suite on oour upcoming cruise on the Imagination. Yes it was a lot of money but we figure it was a once in a lifetime chance and we are using it as our xmas present! This will be my 4th cruise this year and my 4th Carnival cruise.

Archived