UpSell Fairy

craigandjessica

I sure was hoping the upsell fairy would be calling me this week about our upcoming Triumph cruise. This cruise was on the Pack N' Go list 2 weeks in a row, so I know they are having trouble filling the ship for this date.

Going on my 4th cruise in 2 weeks and have never gotten an upgrade call. :(

There is no such thing as a Port Hole Inside on the Inspiration. As long as you can afford the $400, I say you made a good deal. It's all in the eye of the beholder.

Bon Voyage

Sure Inspiration has port holes that are insides. Used to be 5As, then 4A, 4B, 4C and 4D now they are being changed to PTs. I have two of them booked.. so Im sure they exist.

What is an inside porthole cabin?

Look near the front of the ship on the deck plans, the diamonds, on the deck plans say port holes. They are where the hull curves so they cant add a regular window. They are a little like looking thru a telescrope... not quite like a pane of glass, but you can see stuff and what the weather is.

Ok so the upsell fairy called today and offered us an upgrade from a porthole inside to a grand suite for $400 total. I took it. Good Deal, Bad Deal Ok Deal, What do you think? My husband didn't want to do it but too late now. It is for a 5 night cruise.

I think a grand suite upgrade for $400 total is a really good deal. Enjoy your cruise!

The Port holes are okay, Just let us know if the Anchor chain makes to much noise,It depends on the port, plus when in port we heard a strange sound in the morning. They said it was the Bow Thrusters, operating. We just left and went up on the upper deck for a while....The ticket was well worth it. JY.

Does anybody have any good pictures (or links to pictures) of what the grand suite (cat 12) rooms look like

I have pics somewhere but they are dated as the inspiration has had a dry dock. Go to the Carnival site there are pics there of a cat 12 on the Inspiration.

There is no such thing as a Port Hole Inside on the Inspiration. As long as you can afford the $400, I say you made a good deal. It's all in the eye of the beholder.

Bon Voyage

It is called a " Interior Porthole "

So ,yes they do exist.

We had one for our first cruise on the Sensation.

I found that the room was fine but a bit far from everything. I think your upsell is a great deal!

It must be beginners luck then. The only problem is how are we going to go back to an inside or oceanview if we ever get a chance to cruise again. We are going to be so spoiled this time. Are there any other perks with booking a suite besides VIP check-in? What is the earliest time we should get to the port if we want to get on the ship as early as possible? We are coming in 2 days early since the flight cost was the same and it will extend the vacation a bit. Can anyone who has stayed in a cat 12 (GS now) give me the inside scoop.

It must be beginners luck then. The only problem is how are we going to go back to an inside or oceanview if we ever get a chance to cruise again. We are going to be so spoiled this time. Are there any other perks with booking a suite besides VIP check-in? What is the earliest time we should get to the port if we want to get on the ship as early as possible? We are coming in 2 days early since the flight cost was the same and it will extend the vacation a bit. Can anyone who has stayed in a cat 12 (GS now) give me the inside scoop.

I have stayed on a cat 12 on the Inspiration a year ago this past August. The only perk is VIP check in. To be honest the regular check in at Tampa was really fast. We were in a group, 5 cabins had VIP (either suites or Platinum or both) and 12 cabins regular check in. The VIP area in Tampa is off to the left side. We got there around 11:15 and were on the ship by 11:45. Funny thing was all the rest of the group (regular check in) were right behind us in group 2.

Your absolutely correct about going back to a regular room. Good news is there are step downs from a cat 12 before you get to an inside room. Cat 11 (would not advise to get this on a Fantasy class ship), but on Conquest, Spirit, Splendor or Dream class it's a def. yes. Balconies have the same draw (on the Inspiration they are only suites that have them). Enjoy it!

Oh LOL! They are renaming all these categories I can't keep up:D

OP yes that is a great deal!

Not sure why they renamed, personally think it confuses things more. As example saw a post from someone on the Dream for the 2 day CTN and they said wow, they had the Owners Suite (to their defense it had a category OS). I was like WOW, did not know they had Owners suites on the Dream, turned out to be a Cat 11. I also agree about not being able to keep up, thought it was just me:D

Archived