solid railings on Sapphire

ugminer

I am looking at a BF or BE gaurantee. Does either of these (or any other catagory for that matter) have solid railings on the balcony. I just don't want to chance a non-plexi balcony. the other option that I am considering is an inside midship. Can anyone tell me if the elevator is real noisy? thanks in advance

I believe they are glass so you would be able to see through. I read post as that you want the glass. You will enjoy a balcony much better than an inside IMO as this is really a personal preference. Either way you'll have a great cruise I'm sure.

Anthony

I want to thank everyone for their answers. Yes I defineately want glass:D As you can see I have mostly sailed on the Oosterdam and the 2 lowest cost balconies have a solid steel railing. I really love the balconies and suites(HAL's upgrade fairy has treated me pretty good over the years)

and since the price of an inside is so reasonable on this cruise I am thinking about trying an inside, I don't spend much time in the room anyway. And I honestly don't think that any location could ruin ANY cruise for me. I just love to cruise

Thanks again

Think the only all steel railing you may find would be the exposed balconies (all the way upfront) facing forward on the ship.

Keith,

I think the only ones that I've seen solid are the ones on the Sun Class vessels where the balconies are actually cut out of the hull. Am I right on that?

Trust us who have sailed on the large vessels in the fleet (Grand Class etc) that there is absolutely no way that these would give way. If I recall, the only non-solid/non-glassed railings are those located above the bridge, and access to this area is generally not available at sea anyway more so for entering and departing port...as well as the railing by the aft pool on Aloha Deck.

Ciao for now!!!

Ciaof or now!!!

Keith,

I think the only ones that I've seen solid are the ones on the Sun Class vessels where the balconies are actually cut out of the hull. Am I right on that?

Trust us who have sailed on the large vessels in the fleet (Grand Class etc) that there is absolutely no way that these would give way. If I recall, the only non-solid/non-glassed railings are those located above the bridge, and access to this area is generally not available at sea anyway more so for entering and departing port...as well as the railing by the aft pool on Aloha Deck.

Ciao for now!!!

Ciaof or now!!!

We had a balcony forward on Lido deck where it starts to curve toward the bridge. Because of the angle and it started facing forward and would be hit by high winds the railings are solid steel. You cannot sit down and see out, you have to stand up. Same as the family suite railings, they are solid too. For the OP it sounds like it maybe a blocked view when sitting issue.

There are some great pics of the Sapphire to be found using Google images... from these photos' date=' you can see the balconies. All side and rear facing balconies appear to have glass. Check out the pics:)

[img']aolemb://F5BE2689-69EA-4A51-AE44-6052AF24BF0C//Untitled[/img]

thanks for the link. After looking at those pics I believe that the sapphire has the same solid steel railing on the very front of each side that the Oosterdam does. There are only a couple of cabins on each side but if I decide on a balcony I know to book up a minimum of one or two catgories. I want to thank everyone for their help

Archived