Snacks

AUNTIE24

Thanks, imsulin.

We're in the lucky position of having adult kids married and living in the UK (from where I emigrated to NZ in 1968).

DH worked about 80 hours a week for many years and I worked too, and we were frugal, so now we're semi-retired we can afford to go visit our kids in the UK at least once a year, and stop off somewhere interesting along the way each time.

Our February to April holiday next year begins with the South America cruises, which finish in Fort Lauderdale. We're spending a few days in Florida (looking forward to a day trip down to Key West) before flying on to the UK. I'm planning madly and have already got our on-line ESTA approvals.

When our 3 kids were teenagers, we took them out of school for a month (bad parents! :D) and took them to several places in the US. They have been to San Francisco, Seattle, Chicago, New York, Washington DC, Orlando, Cape Kennedy, New Orleans, Denver, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, San Diego and Hawaii. They didn't stand a chance! Born to parents with wandering feet, how could they be anything different? They've caught the travel bug, too.

If you do come to NZ, please let us know. DH and I have taken friends and relations on brief tours around the North Island and would be happy to give you some guidance.

Celle

Thanks so much, Celle! I am a self-subscribed Anglophile and love my British family history! Which of the US cities did you most enjoy? (I have been to all you have mentioned ). In about 1685, two of our ancestor brothers in England (a mix of English, Irish, Scot) decided to dash to the New World. One settled in New England, and one went to Virginia. I'm from the Virginia brother. Won the Revolution (1776), which is why I'm an American today. New Zealand has such a colorful history! Captain Cook, ANZUS treaty, the Maoris, the kindness shown to US troops during WW II, and sailing! Really - I will let you know if I get to NZ! Be very proud of your beautiful country! Thank you so much for your many informative posts.

Thanks so much, Celle! I am a self-subscribed Anglophile and love my British family history! Which of the US cities did you most enjoy? (I have been to all you have mentioned ). In about 1685, two of our ancestor brothers in England (a mix of English, Irish, Scot) decided to dash to the New World. One settled in New England, and one went to Virginia. I'm from the Virginia brother. Won the Revolution (1776), which is why I'm an American today. New Zealand has such a colorful history! Captain Cook, ANZUS treaty, the Maoris, the kindness shown to US troops during WW II, and sailing! Really - I will let you know if I get to NZ! Be very proud of your beautiful country! Thank you so much for your many informative posts.

Hi Imsulin,

I'm into genealogy, too!

The US cities we've visited were all interesting in their different ways. Maybe it's because we are never far from the sea here in NZ, but I liked the places near the sea the best, San Francisco, Seattle, San Diego. Best of all, we liked Alaska and the week we spent touring there in a mobile home (just the 2 of us that time). We did an Alaska cruise too, but next time would spend more time on land.

Now to return to our regular scheduling, the topic being snacks! ;)

Yes, you probably can take snacks on board a cruise ship, but you may not be able to bring them off, becuse of the laws of the country you are visiting.

Celle

Archived