Dawn's Adrift!

Duff Man

So if the "wording" is not really important, can we construe these complaints to be actually articles of PRAISE?

Words DO matter, in an environment such as this they are the only way we communicate, and we need to impart experience and emotion in a way which can be interpreted by others so that they understand what we are trying to get across.

If we start calling an "inconvenience" a "nightmare", or if we call a "disappointment" a "disaster", then what words should we use to discuss and emote regarding an ACTUAL nightmare, or disaster? There was a fabulous story (well...ok... a fable) about a shepherd boy and a wolf.

It's important to call-out the histrionics, because the board is NOT just used by the cheerleaders and the complainers...but because it is a publicly accessible forum, and when someone exaggerates unnecessarily, in a way which can ultimately be harmful to a firm whose services we enjoy.... it behooves us to speak up and reframe the drama in a realistic context.

Actually, I think very few of us have gone overboard. It's my impression, based on anecdotal evidence, that most of the overboard happenings.....are on Carnival!!! :rolleyes: :eek:

Great post, especially the last bit! :D

It broke? Wow after 30 something pages I thought it was just because the cruise went that well! :p

Seriously, does anyone know THE REASON why the power failed? (I.E. - Bad braker / system got replaced)? I am just more less curious.

No he is from Toronto - which had the worst football team in the Canadian League, has one of the worst hockey teams, a losing baseball team and a basketball team with more losses than wins.

PE and Lee - hope that will enlighten you.

Cheers

Dennis

The Maple Leafs play dirty,even worse than the Cryers,and the Blue Jays have the worst GM ever.

Just as two wrongs don't make a right, I'm sure that two means don't make a nice. But my point is that I believe it was in response to a post I thought was even meaner. It's pretty petty and mean to say that it will "make my day" if NCL doesn't compensate one woman along with the other passengers just because someone doesn't like the fact that the woman complained about things that to some might seem unimportant.

beachchick

I know you want to make a point, but can't it be done without calling other posters "pretty petty" and "mean"?

Different people have differing opinions. People should not have to say things just because someone thinks they should and people should be able to say things in the way they choose...not the way in which someone else thinks they should say it.

After all, its just a message board, right?

• 4 months later...

hello, we are from the netherlands.

we were on the dawn during the blackout.

I'm looking for a digital copy of the letter with the discount amount.

we have lost our copy and NCL is offering less on our new trip

please help

C Zwirs

we were also on that cruise.

The discount is 50% based on the fair you paid for the Dawn cruise, not 50% off the next cruise. I am not sure if this is the issue but if it is this is the information.

For instance if you paid $1000 (after port charges and taxes) for you and $1000 for your wife, each of you will have a $500 credit in your lattitudes account which can be used as a credit towards your next cruise.

Hope this helps

We were on a cruise in August, 1999. It was my first and only cruise (so far.. we go on another cruise in a month :)... giving NCL another try...)

We also lost power and drifted 200 miles off course on our way from NY to Bermuda... I was little at the time (13) but remember how bad it was. I would never wish the experience upon anyone. It was extremely scary

It was interesting to see that you got a 50% deposit towards a cruise in the future.. we were with a group of 25 or so and we got nothing like that even though my parents and other adults in our family wrote letters, etc. It would have been nice if something like that was offered to us...

So sorry that you all had to go through that.. it really is not fun...

I guess that is a good reason for having a passport...you never know if something like this can happen while on a cruise. You might have to fly home from a differnt country. I wonder if this posed a problem for anyon e in the past.

Archived