HAL - The World's Best Travel Value

cruisen cracker

I was going through some old cruise papers and found my reservations on the Norway for a seven day cruise in July of 1985. The total cost was $1548 for my wife and myself in a nice outside cabin. The cruise went to St. Thomas, Nassau and their private island. We really liked the Norway, everything except the tendering, and went on her three times. I was in Miami on military duty for the riots, I believe in 1979, when she first came in. It was quite an event for the Norway was at that time the world's largest cruise ship, and we (who were sleeping at on the floor of the cruise terminals) got a free tour.

We will now be going on a 10 day HAL cruise to more ports with a VA veranda cabin for only $1,734. Isn't that amazing, only $186 more for three more days on a much better cruise twenty four years later.

How could anyone complain!

Thanks HAL

Bob

I was going through some old cruise papers and found my reservations on the Norway for a seven day cruise in July of 1985. The total cost was $1548 for my wife and myself in a nice outside cabin. The cruise went to St. Thomas, Nassau and their private island. We really liked the Norway, everything except the tendering, and went on her three times. I was in Miami on military duty for the riots, I believe in 1979, when she first came in. It was quite an event for the Norway was at that time the world's largest cruise ship, and we (who were sleeping at on the floor of the cruise terminals) got a free tour.

We will now be going on a 10 day HAL cruise to more ports with a VA veranda cabin for only $1,734. Isn't that amazing, only $186 more for three more days on a much better cruise twenty four years later.

How could anyone complain!

Thanks HAL

Bob

WOW!! That is amazing that we pay nearly the same amount (sometimes even much less.) And yet today we receive so much more for the $ we spend.

Thank You fo rthis info. It sure makes one stop and think and really compare then and now.

Joanie

Hey, Bob: I love to hear you testify!

You're absolutely right. I started at this game back in 1964 or 65 and the value just keeps getting better!

Sometimes, when I hear complaints about fares, I ask myself, "What are they thinking?"

Thanks for the post. (By the way, We loved the Norway, too.)

We also loved the Norway (5 cruises!)We spent roughly around $2200 for a suite (large cabin no balcony)in the Norway around year 1995 for a 7 day cruise. We are spending $2450 in a balcony for 10 days. Do your math!! I agree that people complain way too much about todays cruise line prices.:):)

Found a 1982 Alaska brochere for HAL. The ship was the Rotterdam. The brochere price for an Economy Inside Cabin was $2220 for 12 days and $3710 for on outside. Compare that with todays prices and the prices are lower. Its hard to find a business that has lower prices 27 years later.

Archived