Handicapped Accessible Rooms

PegIra

I am trying to book a room on RCL for a Panama Canal Cruise, but want a room with a verandah as well as handicapped accessible. I saw two handicapped rooms on deck ten, does anyone know if they are verandah rooms. Has anyone used a handicapped room? I was wondering if the size is big enough to put a small scooter in our room.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Peg

Hi there -

I am disabled and always get a handicap room.

The ship you are interested in does have handicap rooms with balconies and the rooms

are 276 sq. ft and can definitely hold a scooter in your cabin. There is alot of open

space and also a very large balcony.

David

I am trying to book a room on RCL for a Panama Canal Cruise, but want a room with a verandah as well as handicapped accessible. I saw two handicapped rooms on deck ten, does anyone know if they are verandah rooms. Has anyone used a handicapped room? I was wondering if the size is big enough to put a small scooter in our room.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Peg

What ship? Radiance class? Vision Class? The bigger Voyager/Freedom classes are too big to use the canal.

We had a hc inside on the larger Explorer and it was as big as a jr suite, with plenty of room for a scooter.

If you go to my webshots album and look up the Explorer 2008 holiday album there are pics of what that cabin looks like.

The ship I am interested in is Jewel of the Seas. Have you been on this ship? I am still wondering if I should use Travelocity or not,but their price is cheaper than the RCL website.

Thanks for your help,

Peg

Since you want to be on deck 10, there are 2 junior suites shown on the deck plans that are HC. They are 1028 and 1528. The junior suites tend to be more expensive than the standard balcony cabins because they are bigger and come with a few extra amenities.

If price is a concern, deck 7 also has HC balcony cabins. Those are 7110, 7610 (E1s), 7112, 7612, 7114 (adjoining), and 7614 (adjoining) that are E3s. These cabins are plenty for 2 people and scooter.

• 1 month later...

This is great information - thanks! I was just thinking of planning a Girls' Cruise - taking Mom - but I didn't know how to go about getting a HC cabin. She will have a mobility scooter, so we knew we'd need something to accomodate.

So question -- are the HC room prices comparable to the standard ones offered? In other words, if I'm looking for a certain type of cabin on a particular floor -- as long as a HC is available, can I expect the price to be comparable to the other "similar type" cabins nearby?

Particularly, the reason I ask is because I have mentioned the great prices for a couple sailings, but I don't want it to be like bait and switch....getting her interested and then finding out it's twice as costly...

Thanks for your help!

This is great information - thanks! I was just thinking of planning a Girls' Cruise - taking Mom - but I didn't know how to go about getting a HC cabin. She will have a mobility scooter, so we knew we'd need something to accomodate.

So question -- are the HC room prices comparable to the standard ones offered? In other words, if I'm looking for a certain type of cabin on a particular floor -- as long as a HC is available, can I expect the price to be comparable to the other "similar type" cabins nearby?

Particularly, the reason I ask is because I have mentioned the great prices for a couple sailings, but I don't want it to be like bait and switch....getting her interested and then finding out it's twice as costly...

Thanks for your help!

The HC cabin is the same price as a regular one if it's the same category. HC cabins do go fast so don't wait to book one.:D

PegIra - Book through RC to begin with just so you can get your cabin and lock in the price. If you find a TA you want to transfer your booking to you can do that later.:D

Archived