Excursion fly Alexandria to Luxor

edpacecar

Since we have been to Cairo before looking for something else to do from Alexandria. Has anyone taken private tour where you fly to Luxor? Looking for someone who arrived on a cruise ship not a land package.

Will arrive on the Westerdam 09/28/10 in Alexandria 8:00 AM till 11:00 PM

Since we have been to Cairo before looking for something else to do from Alexandria. Has anyone taken private tour where you fly to Luxor? Looking for someone who arrived on a cruise ship not a land package.

Will arrive on the Westerdam 09/28/10 in Alexandria 8:00 AM till 11:00 PM

If you had an overnight, I might suggest that you contact one of the frequently mentioned private agencies on these boards and see what they could offer. As it looks like you will only be there for 1 day, I think the logistics would be near impossible unless, as the previous poster said, your cruiseline is chartering a flight.

Sorry! There is a lot to see in Cairo; I'd be happy to suggest some places people generally don't visit on their first day or overnight in that city.

• 2 weeks later...

We will be on the Jan 3 NCL Jade, and were thinking of taking the Moustafa Cairo/Luxor or the Cairo/Abu Simbel tour. We feel that this might be an opportunity to see Luxor or Abu Simbel in addition to the Pyramids and the Egyptian Museum all in one trip. Appreciate any comments from anybody with previous experience with this tour.

Are you only there for 1 day or do you have an overnight? If only one day, I think it would be suicidal to try it. Even with 2 days, I think you're trying to see too much and will end up spending very little time in any one place. If you're the kind that just wants to snap a pic and say "hey, been there, done that" then maybe.....but if you want to spend any kind of quality time at any of these sites, you've got to be realistic and not try to do too much.

Once you visit Egypt on a cruise ship, you may very well find yourself going back for a longer trip; that's what I did. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Ed and Donna,

You replied to one of our other threads. We will be on the Westerdam Oct. 13 for the Ancient Explorer cruise, which I believe is one leg of your cruise. We are originally from Pgh, PA and your age . We usually cruise Carnival, this will be our first Holland America cruise and were hoping you'd be kind enough to help us with a question ?! When logging onto Holland America to book excursions , we only see excursions for 3 of the 7 ports. Does this mean Holland America hasn't listed them all 10 months prior, or so we need to arrange our own private tours ? Also, we see many excursions are booked per car or minivan, we are only 2 people, so I guess we are out of luck for those ? Thanks for the help. You can write me directly at RhinestoneTiarra@yahoo.com if you'd like. Happy New Year and thanks for the help !

Jeanne and CJ

Archived