Booking excursions online!!

NYCruiseMom

I booked an excursion for our 1/21 Spirit cruise right online through ncl.com. Today I called to ask about another excursion and was told that they had no record of my booking any excursions yet. LUCKILY the excursion I wanted was still available..whew!!

Just wanted to put the word out and warn everyone. I would not trust that online booking, call them directly. I had an email almost immediately confirming my excursions after talking to someone directly.

I recieved an e-mail immediately after I booked + a telephone confirmation + a confirmation in with my ticket and I was denied a shore excrusion when l got on the ship (it was sold out) because I was 'not in the computer.'

Don't be lured into a false sense of security!:mad:

I recieved an e-mail immediately after I booked + a telephone confirmation + a confirmation in with my ticket and I was denied a shore excrusion when l got on the ship (it was sold out) because I was 'not in the computer.'

Don't be lured into a false sense of security!:mad:

I booked my excursions online several weeks ago. I called to check and see if they had them because I never got an email confirmation. Sure enough they did not have them. They booked them again for me and sent an email confirmation. I was hoping that was the end of me having to worry about it.....guess not! I have heard many people complain about the same thing. Even the customer service person who helped me said that booking excursions online is not always reliable.....so why do they bother? They have a very primiative way of doing things in my opinion. :rolleyes:

I had heard that online excursion booking was unreliable -so I mailed 'em in. When we arrived on the Dawn (11/28/04), I thought it was a little strange that we hadn't received any tickets, so I went to the reception desk and -bingo- no record of my requests. Fortunately, our itinerary was switched around and we had to rebook everything anyway. Moral of the story...never assume things are ok until you've spoken to someone who confirms that you're "in the computer" and sends you some confirmation thereof...

Hmm, we booked our shore excursions on line for our 11/28 Dawn cruise. I never even thought to call to confirm :o . When we arrived in our stateroom, all the tickets were there, with the exception of Virgin Gorda tickets, as, at that point in time, Tortola was off our itinerary.

We had a similar experience on the 12/30 Dawn sailing--booked excursions on line, got e-mail confirmation, no tickets in our cabin when we boarded, no record of us in the computer at the shore excursion desk, but we were able to rebook everything. First time in 11 cruises this happened.

Doesn't mean a thing!

Just because you are in the main computer doesn't necessarily mean you got into the ships computer. And, if you were like me, and got a custom service rep. on board who was too lazy to check out your confirmation..your out of luck.

:) Thank you, thank you, thank you for starting this topic. More than 2 weeks ago I "booked", on line, a shore excursion that was a major reason for taking our Feb cruise. Suprise! They had no record of the request, and after being on the phone for an hour with a very patient individual, it was discovered that the booking number in the literature on line was not the right one! Today I have my printed confirmation in my file. I feel so much better.:) Thank you

• 1 month later...

I booked my DAWN 4/24 Shore Excursions on-line a few days ago. I got an email today with an "attachment" confirmation. The email stated that I needed Adobe Acrobat Reader to open the attachment. I have Acrobat Reader, yet when I tried to open the "confirmation" attachment, Acrobat Reader comes on my screen...the system locks up and I never "receive" the attachment. I tried this twice to no avail. So I guess I'll just call NCL headquarters on Monday to reconfirm everything. I did print-out my initial on-line booking forms and plan to take them with me on the cruise, just in case!

Has everyone else received their email confirmation in this format? Did you have difficulty "receiving" it?

Debjo

For me :o

I booked 2 excursions for 2 people last week, when I went through the form it said to expect a confirmation a few weeks before I cruise, well, I cruise in 5 weeks, and I got the confirmation yesterday... don't know what to tell you! Maybe if you don't get a confirmation 2 weeks after booking call back?

Hope you get the trips you want!

Archived