trans atlantic round trip

CRUISEMAN72

• 2 weeks later...

My first ever cruise was a t.a.r.t. on the QE2 in December of 1994. Sailed over, got off in Southampton, met friends who had come down from London for lunch, sailed back that afternoon! Told all my friends "I went to Southampton for lunch."

We had a major storm on the way over, and another on the way back! LOVED it! (Motion doesn't bother me!).

It was a wonderful almost-two-weeks at sea .. peaceful, lots of on-board activities, nice folks ... especially since the return from UK was filled with lots of Brits who were going on to the Caribbean.

I heartily recommend it!

Yankeeclippr

Oh ... be sure to book the SAME cabin both ways ... and ask for a discount ... you'll prolly get something off the 2X one way fare.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

By then end of June, we will have done two back to back Transatlantics, or almost. I actually prefer doing an east bound followed by a west bound, that has a brief period between them In 2008 We did an eastbound to Southampton when the ship was doing a NYC, SOU, HAM ( Hamburg )SOU, NYC. We got off in SOU, flew up to Scotland for 4 great days, flew back and did the westbound.

This year, were doing eastbound to SOU on 21 May, the QM does a 4 day/3night onward to Rotterdam, Zeebruge and Cherbourg, before returning to SOU for us to join on 1st June for the westbound.

I like a few days in the UK to break my trip. Next year, they are going to have some East/Westbound trips broken with up to 7 days, so you might find that interesting. The schedule is out in the UK, but not the US, but it should be soon.

Cunard has a facility in Southampton to store some of your luggage, so you don't have to lug it around with you.

I can truely recommend traveling the Atlantic on the QM2, instead of by air either way.

Mike.

I can tru

By then end of June, we will have done two back to back Transatlantics, or almost. I actually prefer doing an east bound followed by a west bound, that has a brief period between them In 2008 We did an eastbound to Southampton when the ship was doing a NYC, SOU, HAM ( Hamburg )SOU, NYC. We got off in SOU, flew up to Scotland for 4 great days, flew back and did the westbound.

This year, were doing eastbound to SOU on 21 May, the QM does a 4 day/3night onward to Rotterdam, Zeebruge and Cherbourg, before returning to SOU for us to join on 1st June for the westbound.

I like a few days in the UK to break my trip. Next year, they are going to have some East/Westbound trips broken with up to 7 days, so you might find that interesting. The schedule is out in the UK, but not the US, but it should be soon.

Cunard has a facility in Southampton to store some of your luggage, so you don't have to lug it around with you.

I can truely recommend traveling the Atlantic on the QM2, instead of by air either way.

Mike.

I can tru

Cunard's Port Agent will store it and return it to your cabin for the return trip--just ask the Purser's before you disembark.

Archived