Things To Do in Mazatlan?

gemjunky

Hi Everyone. We are booked on a cruise to Mexico in mid-January. For Mazatlan, we booked the Stone Island tour, but from the threads, it sounds like we may want to cancel. We have been there before and weren't impressed with downtown and the flyers. Anything else to do? There would just be the 2 of us and we don't walk very far. Thanks ahead.

google Mazatlan Frank - He does several types of tours and is awesome. Did his City tour last December and loved it. I had been to Mazatlan 6 times before doing his tour and still got a great appreciation for Mazatlan after his tour.

If that isn't an option you may want to do an excursion to one of the colonial villages.

I'm not a fan of Stone Island although I know others are.

Thanks for the info about Mazatlan Frank. However, I just looked at his website and his prices aren't a whole lot better than the ship prices. $70/p for a tour of town and then lunch and 3 hours time at a local resort seems kind of high to me.

I have been to Mazatlan twice, and both times we went to Stone Island. Though we have always had a nice time, I am not interested in going there again. Unfortunately, I can't find anything that is reasonably priced, so I will either 1) walk into town with my husband or 2) stay on the ship after a brief stop at the flea market at the port.

The beaches at the other ports are much nicer than those in Mazatlan, so I think I will simply enjoy the day in port mostly on the ship - possibly book a port day special at the spa!

gemjunky I havent looked at his website lately but guess he doesnt still have his full day city tour at $40 an hour we did last Dec? It was an all day tour and we couldnt get a similar experience on ship excursions. Not only was the length of the tour longer than ship excursions he took us to places ship excursions don't. Oh well, sorry to hear he is so expensive now.

I was just trying to help - sorry

gemjunky I havent looked at his website lately but guess he doesnt still have his full day city tour at $40 an hour we did last Dec? It was an all day tour and we couldnt get a similar experience on ship excursions. Not only was the length of the tour longer than ship excursions he took us to places ship excursions don't. Oh well, sorry to hear he is so expensive now.

I was just trying to help - sorry

You helped me so don't be sorry :)

We are planning another MR cruise this winter and we wern't thrilled with Mazatlan so we spent the afternoon at Stone Island and liked it there. As a child I spent time in Mazatlan and remembering loving it. I am going to book a tour with Frank so he can show me the old Mazatlan I loved as a child. :)

He said the fish were too heavy to lift, but they took pictures, and the pictures weighed 20 pounds each !!!!!:D:D

LMAO

My Gf caught a Sailfish a few weeks ago in Manzanillo Supposedly it was the only one that day That night on the ship the people in the cabin next to us said the Captain was charging people to take a photo with it:eek:

I have been to Mazatlan twice, and both times we went to Stone Island. Though we have always had a nice time, I am not interested in going there again. Unfortunately, I can't find anything that is reasonably priced, so I will either 1) walk into town with my husband or 2) stay on the ship after a brief stop at the flea market at the port.

The beaches at the other ports are much nicer than those in Mazatlan, so I think I will simply enjoy the day in port mostly on the ship - possibly book a port day special at the spa!

Ive been to Mazatlan quite a few times but found something worth doing again

Last time we were in Mazatlan we went and got an 1 1/2 couples massage for 45 total One of the best massages ever :D

then went a couple blocks away for a really good lunch of fish tacos and magaritas next to the original Opera house

I highly recommend

Last time we were in Mazatlan we went and got an 1 1/2 couples massage for 45 total One of the best massages ever :D

then went a couple blocks away for a really good lunch of fish tacos and magaritas next to the original Opera house

I highly recommend

We thought about going to one of the resorts in town and booking a spa treatment and may still do this, but as the ship usually has port-day specials in the spa, I may book one of those instead.

We thought about going to one of the resorts in town and booking a spa treatment and may still do this, but as the ship usually has port-day specials in the spa, I may book one of those instead.

My GF did a 5 item sampler for $99 on one of the sea days

Just check out the reviews of Aroma spa in Mazatlan it isnt a resort but the massages r the best Knute has taught the girls well

And where are the photos of you bringing the fish in boatside HMMM?????? ;)

I never said I caught them, in fact thats not even me in the picture. But it is a shot of the result of " someone " fishing in Matazelen. You can see the name of the port in the upper left. Just offering a suggestion of something to do while in this port :>)

I highly recommend

Please let me know where u got the massage? Do u know a place where they do it on the beach? (outside)

Thanks for any help.

I never said I caught them, in fact thats not even me in the picture. But it is a shot of the result of " someone " fishing in Matazelen. You can see the name of the port in the upper left. Just offering a suggestion of something to do while in this port :>)

No Prob Just givin you a bad time:D

But when we got back to the ship And were talking about it nobody believed us until i showed the photos of the fish being pulled on board

Please let me know where u got the massage? Do u know a place where they do it on the beach? (outside)

Thanks for any help.

In Mazatlan it is Aroma Spa The owner is Knute Not fancy but well worth it My GF wants to do it again next month Also great place to eat 5 min away

You can search it on CC for his email if not I will post it if you ask I have to look for it

I dont know of a place on the beach anymore on this Itenaray Sorry

In Mazatlan it is Aroma Spa The owner is Knute Not fancy but well worth it My GF wants to do it again next month Also great place to eat 5 min away

You can search it on CC for his email if not I will post it if you ask I have to look for it

I dont know of a place on the beach anymore on this Itenaray Sorry

thanks for your help! Will try to look for it.

Archived