40 Minutes to Disembark--long enough?

mehitabel

I'm planning non-RCCL excursions for our upcoming cruise on the Jewel of the Seas, and one tour operator (My Friend Mario in Panama) states that our tour will depart at 8:40 am. The ship docks at 8. Will we get off in time, or should I contact the tour operator and ask for a meeting time that's a bit later?

I'm planning non-RCCL excursions for our upcoming cruise on the Jewel of the Seas, and one tour operator (My Friend Mario in Panama) states that our tour will depart at 8:40 am. The ship docks at 8. Will we get off in time, or should I contact the tour operator and ask for a meeting time that's a bit later?
As long as it docks as opposed to tendering, and it is on time, and if ship time is the same as local time, you shouldn't have a problem.

Most tour operators know the ship's schedules. They will know which ones are in port on time and which ones are late getting in, if any. They will probably wait if they know you are only a few minutes behind. If your group is his only customer for that excursion, then of course he'll wait for you. Do you have a phone # for him so you can call him if need be?

Archived