On-board credit showing on e-ticket

MechTeach

On our upcoming cruise, we are supposed to have a cabin credit from our travel agent. In looking at my e-Docs, I don't see a mention of this anywhere. Is this something about which I should be concerned, or does a cabin credit just not show up there?

Thanks!

On our upcoming cruise, we are supposed to have a cabin credit from our travel agent. In looking at my e-Docs, I don't see a mention of this anywhere. Is this something about which I should be concerned, or does a cabin credit just not show up there?

Thanks!

I've never had obc noted on the eticket, it is noted on your original reservation confirmation email, or the updated confirmation email when the obc was acquired. I've always taken along a copy of the email where the obc is mentioned. I've never needed to produce it to get that obc, but better safe than sorry.

Thanks!

The OBC will not normally be on your eDocs.

In addition to your eDocs, there are two other sets of documents; one is your invoice, and the other is what is called an Amenity Confirmation.

Your OBC will be listed on the Amenity Confirmation...this is the document that you should ask your TA for.

On our last cruise we had coupons for the obc on our stateroom bed, we just had to take them down to the front desk and they but the credit on our onboard account. Just in case always take you docs. that have a printed record of an obc.

Hmmm... I just purchased some OBC for myself earlier tonight (for foreign exchange rate purposes) and the NCL rep asked me if I would like to have confirmation of the purchase emailed to me... I received the email, which was a copy of my "Confirmation - Guest Copy" but it doesn't mention my OBC anywhere... is this unusual?

The only interesting thing about the Confirmation I received is that it shows me how much my travel agent paid NCL for the cruise...

What document do I ask for to see the record of my OBC purchase?

On you confirmation- guest copy just under your invoice total (left side) it should have a $-on-board credit per stateroom included in small print. I did recieve two e-mails from NCL , they are Amenity Confirmation letters that show the amounts of my obc. I now have two printed records of my obc, so i'm bringing them both on-board. If you don't have any of these call your TA or go around them and call NCL, they are the final answer on all credits.

On you confirmation- guest copy just under your invoice total (left side) it should have a $-on-board credit per stateroom included in small print. I did recieve two e-mails from NCL , they are Amenity Confirmation letters that show the amounts of my obc. I now have two printed records of my obc, so i'm bringing them both on-board. If you don't have any of these call your TA or go around them and call NCL, they are the final answer on all credits.

The OBC does not show up there IF it is issued by the travel agent and not an NCL offer.

In that case get an email from your agent and hope for the best.

Take anything you have in writing. We booked a cruise while on board a few years ago, prior to the present-day Cruise Rewards program. At that time we were given $100 on board credit towards that cruise (not the one we were currently on). We were also given a letter by the Cruise Consultant stating that we could change our booking at any time and would not lose that OBC as long as we give the agent the code it was booked under. When we rebooked our cruise we gave the agent the code and was told it was no longer valid, so all we would have to do would be to take our letter on board and they would give it to us then. We did, and they didn't. We were told that because we did not book under the old code like the letter stated that we would not receive it. Our mistake was not getting the name of the NCL agent at the time of re-booking and trusting her that the paperwork we had was enough... It would have been nice to have that additional $100 OBC, but we got a great deal on our cruise and did have a little OBC, so we just thanked them for trying and went on our merry way. :D

So again, make sure you get everything in writing with names!

The OBC does not show up there IF it is issued by the travel agent and not an NCL offer.

In that case get an email from your agent and hope for the best.

I bought my OBC directly with NCL. It was not through my TA. It was NCL who sent me the guest confirmation, but there is not sign of the OBC anywhere on the invoice...

I bought my OBC directly with NCL. It was not through my TA. It was NCL who sent me the guest confirmation, but there is not sign of the OBC anywhere on the invoice...

That is because it would be the same as if a travel agent was giving you the credit, they buy it from NCL through the same dept. you did. The only ones that show on the confirmation of the ones the NCL offers as part of a cruise special, for instance I have a cruise booked for Mexico in April on which NCL offered a $75. OBC for a balcony cabin. THAT one shows on my confirmation. I have another one that I booked where NCL offered a $500. OBC and my TA matched that for $1000. OBC total, on that one ONLY the NCL $500 offer shows on the confirmation. I have an email from the agent stating the other $500 but they won't even buy that until right before my actual cruise.

Normally once you embark if you go down to the accounting desk the second day of the cruise they should have a record of your credit.

Mum and Son, I would call NCL back and ask them about this. I suppose your situation might be handled differently than mine because you are purchasing an OBC for yourself. But in my case, there was an online promotion that started one day so I called and had it added to my cruise that I had already booked a few weeks earlier. The promo was for nothing more than a $75 OBC for free. They added the promo code and emailed me a document with "Confirmation - Guest Copy" at the top of it, in the middle, directly under their logo. Below that was a summary of the charges, and then directly below that on the left side was a one-line notice of the OBC. I've attached a small picture of where it shows that on my confirmation (assuming I can figure out how to attach a picture here). Like I said, maybe they treat your way of adding the OBC as if a TA had purchased it for you, so it may be handled differently in their computer system than a promo code addition of a OBC. But I'd make them tell me that. It seems odd that they seemed to indicate they would send you a confirmation if it doesn't really confirm what you just did.

screenshot_05.jpg.28e3b8686cd2cb9a55bc4e6b255ea90b.jpg

Archived