Last minute cruise price drop

beachh2o

The cruise line's first choice to get rid of unsold cabins is usually to run special promos for new bookings rather than offering across-the-board discounts. The "when" is going to depend on the type of ad they'll run to promote the sailing and where the ad will run.

For example, for a sailing out of Miami they might do some state-specific residence discounts. For someone on the West Coast they would need to run the ad at least two weeks prior to sailing so the clients don't get absolutely killed on the airfare. If they're going to run a FL residence rate promo they can wait until just a few days before sailing as transport to the pier is much less of a problem.

The cruise line's first choice to get rid of unsold cabins is usually to run special promos for new bookings rather than offering across-the-board discounts. The "when" is going to depend on the type of ad they'll run to promote the sailing and where the ad will run.

For example, for a sailing out of Miami they might do some state-specific residence discounts. For someone on the West Coast they would need to run the ad at least two weeks prior to sailing so the clients don't get absolutely killed on the airfare. If they're going to run a FL residence rate promo they can wait until just a few days before sailing as transport to the pier is much less of a problem.

I havent seen any last minute rates that are for new bookings only. Anything but guarantees, should be available to ES bookings for rate drops.

RCL is much worse about this, but so far Carnival hasnt really had this issue.

Quick question -if I booked thru Carnival w/an ES - in order to see if i can get an OBC, i need to keep checking the website to see if my cabin category (8G) goes down below what I paid, correct? Including tax or just the cabin price? Is there somewhere special i can view the prices ILO going to carnivals website and acting as if i want to book a trip?? Any help, would be great! Thanks! :o

Quick question -if I booked thru Carnival w/an ES - in order to see if i can get an OBC, i need to keep checking the website to see if my cabin category (8G) goes down below what I paid, correct? Including tax or just the cabin price? Is there somewhere special i can view the prices ILO going to carnivals website and acting as if i want to book a trip?? Any help, would be great! Thanks! :o

You're concerned with just the CruiseFare (before government Fees & Taxes). the Carnival Price-Match is only for Carnival-advertised CruiseFare, so why not just use the Carnival site. Use Cruise Search to find your cruise, Click on the fare for your Booking type and Category, then click on EDIT to get the page that shows all categories all fares.

Don't forget that you're checking for drops in Early Saver rate (for as long as it's offered), drops in the FunSelect Rate, and drops in Past Guest (if you're Past Guest) drops in 55+ (if you're 55+), drops for your State of Residency, and drops in Military Rate if you happen to be Military Eligible.

ken

Archived