Room Service

weluvcruisin'

Was reading on a different board that Princess charges for room service' date=' is this in fact true.

We have always tipped on other lines but have never been charged a set fee, usually tip according to what we order for room service.[/quote']

Regular room service, NO, they do not charge. Pizza delivery (for a whole pizza), there is a $3 charge. Also, you can special order things like appetizers for a party and there is a charge for those items. But regular things like coffee, sandwiches, continental breakfast, etc, are complimentary.

Not sure why someone would post false information and not stipulate what they were charged for, but it definitely wasn't regular room service on Princess. ;)

We just got off the Island Princess last week, there is no charge for room service, however we always tip when they deliver breakfast. The only charge I'm aware of is a $3.00 charge for a pizza delivered to your stateroom. We have not done that, but saw this information in the on board booklet that lists all services.

If I am not mistaken, you aren't the first one to read that review and ask that question. Just glad we could clear that one up. Such a shame when someone writes a review like that with totally false information and I am glad you came and asked to find out for sure. Enjoy!

Dieteman and Toto2Kansas...

.Thanks so much for your prompt reply....yes I agree it's too bad when people write reviews and then do not make them clear on what they are being charged for...there was nothing mentioned in either of the reviews of pizza delivery.

Maybe they made a honest mistake and was thinking about RCCL late room service charge. After one too many cruises, the lines and amenities start to blur.

The main reason to take things posted with a grain of salt. I assume the review gave you enough information to inquire further and therefore helpful...correct?

If they are posting a review, then they should be talking about that specific ship. So unless they just came off of a bunch of cruises on different ships and lines and then decided to write all those reviews, you would think they would be posting the facts. I'm guessing they were talking about the pizza delivery or UBD (ultimate balcony dining) or something else that carried a charge.

Archived