fos departure time

We are planning on doing lunch in Downtown Disney after we get off of the cruise ship (Freedom of the Seas) in Port Canaveral. We will be renting a car from Avis and then driving to Disney. I need to make reservations for lunch. What time do you think I will be in Downtown Disney? We fly out at 5:00, so I am somewhat confined by time. Thanks.

We are planning on doing lunch in Downtown Disney after we get off of the cruise ship (Freedom of the Seas) in Port Canaveral. We will be renting a car from Avis and then driving to Disney. I need to make reservations for lunch. What time do you think I will be in Downtown Disney? We fly out at 5:00, so I am somewhat confined by time. Thanks.

If everything goes as planned (ship clears on time, etc), you should get to DTD between 9 and 10. If there are more than two of you have one person pick up the car and come back for the others and the luggage. Everyone (and their luggage) is trying to find room on the shuttles and it's just easier if one goes.

Jaredcoreymama, we've done this before and it worked out nicely. We rented through Hertz. We got off the ship, picked up our car, and drove to Ft Wilderness lodge for lunch. My parents were along, and never have been to WDW. They felt they were too old to get around. After lunch we took the boat round trip to the Magic Kindom just so my parents could see it from the boat. They just love it. The best part is it didn't cost a thing, except lunch.

Rollie

We did the same thing as my youngest loves all things Disney. We had lunch at Wolfgang Puck Cafe (no reservations required, always good) and then strolled around. We did have a problem in that the shuttles were really full and our party of 5 did not have the reserved car waiting at the rental counter; it also took us time to get off the ship and get our luggage.

Even though your flight is at 5pm I would do express debarkation if it is available to maximize your time there. I thought we could stroll off at 9am and depart leisurely but the shuttles were backed up with passengers from several ships and there was a domino effect at the car rental counter.

If you need to be anywhere it always pays to get off early.

Thank you so much for the replies. It will be my son's birthday on this day and we are planning on going to TRex Cafe. I am thinking about making a 12:30ish appointment for lunch. What time should be leave DTD by to get back to the airport (we will have to return our rental car)?

Thank you so much for the replies. It will be my son's birthday on this day and we are planning on going to TRex Cafe. I am thinking about making a 12:30ish appointment for lunch. What time should be leave DTD by to get back to the airport (we will have to return our rental car)?

The only thing that would worry me is that since that is still such a new restaurant, you may have to wait beyond your reservation time.

I think it's only about 20 min to MCO but we asked a local and he told us about some road that was often really backed up with traffic and advised us which route to take. So you may want to do that to be sure you allow enough time.

Archived