Questions Regarding MDR Cuisine

wiselindag

We are sailing on the NCL Sun from Buenos Aires in a few weeks. This will be our first NCL cruise in over two years (the last time we were on NCL we were also on the Sun.) With that in mind I'd greatly appreciate hearing from people who have cruised NCL recently with regard to the following:

1) Have the Dawn's experimental menus gone fleetwide yet? If they are being phased in,

does anyone know the schedule?

2) If the Sun has the "old" menus, would they be similar to what we ate in August, 2007

or was there a change after that?

3) Of course eating is subjective, but I'd love to know which dishes you especially enjoyed on NCL and particularly which items you can recommend from the MDR menus.

We are going on a 14 day cruise so one thing is for certain-- we'll be eating a lot of NCL food, and since I've experienced the Sun buffet before, my goal is to stay away from there during peak hours. We'll probably eat in several of the "pay" restaurants, so I'll be happy to have recommendations for those venues also (and knowing what you recommend in the MDR will help us figure out when to dine elsewhere!)

Thanks for taking the time out of what tends to be a busy week to help us figure out a dining plan.

Linda

Linda, we are also waiting for replies. We are cruising on the Epic next September, but have cruised with NCL in several years. We are planning on doing a couple of the speciality restaurants but don't want to dine there every night.

Rollie

Rollie,

Maybe by the time you sail we'll have some answers. I will be doing a Live From the Sun

review while I'm on the ship (if the wifi works ok and doesn't take too long). I will review all

of the meals I eat on the ship so you will at least have my opinions.

I would love to know what others who have sailed in the past year or so have to say about the various dishes on the menus. It really helps to know what to order and which nights to book Specialty restaurants. We sail next Sunday so I'm running out of time.

Linda

Archived