MIA to Fort Lauderdale Shuttle

theriotfish

Hello. I am getting to MIA airport from South America after a 14-hr flight and need a shuttle to get to my pre-cruise hotel in Fort Lauderdale, on a monday night.

I know many have recommended SAS, but they can't pick me up outside of Broward county (MIA is Dade County).

Do you have any suggestions??

SuperShuttle should work- it's the official shared ride service at MIA and goes in to Ft. Lauderdale. As far as I know no reservation is necessary, but you can google their web page to find out. I see their blue vans transporting passengers all over town here.

Just FYI- Ft. Lauderdale Airport uses a different shared ride service GO Van .

I used the Super Shuttle two years ago from the Miami airport to Port Everglades. No reservation, we just walked outside after leaving baggage claim, and their booth was to the left a little ways up. We waited about 15-minutes, and then commenced the most hair-raising ride of my life…..

Why not rent a car in MIA and return to FLL? That should cost ~ $50 - 60. Would that be cheaper and more convenient? Just a suggestion. Happy Holidays!

Yes, it is around $50 and I do have a reservation, but after flying 14 hours from Chile I don't feel like having to wait to get a car and then drive the 45 minutes to Fort Lauderdale, getting to our hotel near midnight. :)

SAS can pick you up as long as they are dropping off in Fort Lauderdale. I have them booked for next week, MIA to Hilton Marina Fort Lauderdale. And by the way I have been quoted only $55

Is that $55 a person:eek:

Here's Steve's answer to me today:

" I can pick you up at MIA to go to your hotel in FLL. Ineed to retype that restriction, as what I cannot do is MIA to Miami trips."

Sounds kind of strange, don't you thinK?

I have reserved SAS for my transport from POM to FLL, and later I asked if he could get us from our hotel in Miami to POM. He said he couldn't. Because the company is licensed to do business in Fort Lauderdale, the transport has to include FLL either origin or destination. So no, it doesn't sound strange to me.

Archived