pacific jewel leaving sydney today

nzmatt

great shots!

:D

Is it just me or does anyone else think it looks... old compared to the Pacific Dawn?

I seem to think the Pacific Dawn looks 10 years newer and just generally better even though they are sister ships, it's weird.

great shots!

Is it just me or does anyone else think it looks... old compared to the Pacific Dawn?

I seem to think the Pacific Dawn looks 10 years newer and just generally better even though they are sister ships, it's weird.

Well she is 1 year older (1990) than her twin Dawn (1991).

She seems to look older in the drab all white livery though thats for sure..

Still next year you'll get the even older Pacific Pearl (Hull layed in 1987!).

great shots!

Sorry, but that is a bit weird :D. Physically the two ships are exactly the same shape, same curved top and everything.

I think one of the things that makes it look different at the moment is the large P&O on the front - Dawn doesn't have that, it still has the rising sun logo with the bright yellow sun, so that makes it look slightly better. But I think the P&O looks better on Jewel than it does on Pacific Sun.

Compare them when Pacific Dawn comes out of dry dock in May and has the P&O on the front as well - then they'll look identical. (apart from the minor differences - large windows behind the bridge on Jewel on the port side, large circus frame sticking up.)

And sorry Craig, :) , but I think she looks heaps better all white than with the OV colours :) )

• 4 weeks later...

This Pacific Jewel looks rather Nice.I just came back from doing a Contiki Tour around Vietnam which took place around the same time as the Christmas Cruise took place in the South Pacific.Nice Holiday given it was 15 to 16 years since I learnt about that part of the world doing Asian History back in High School which was the primary reason why I went and wanted to see it for real but for that kind of money I would prefer a cruise over any Asian Holiday.

Archived