X1 Drinks Package

loopyloo33

When it says it includes mineral water, is that sparkling mineral water?

I know there have been reports of people being left the rest of the bottle of wine. Is it more likely for this to happen if you tip the waiters on the first day?

For mineral water you can have either,or probably both if you wish.

No need to tip to get good service,we took the last of the wine (in a glass) to one of the lounges and finished it off there,never any problem.

Don't think the waiters mind,as they probably want to arrange the next sitting,or finish work.

Anyway there was always a new bottle the next day.

For what it's worth, I agree with everything nigkar wrote.

Once a bottle of wine is served to you in the dining room, I don't believe any of the servers would take it back, unless you asked them to save it for you for the next evening.

The only times tips may be helpful relating to the X-1, is when drinks are served to you in locations other than the dining room. Your own servers presumably will be taken care of with tips at the end of the cruise, but the servers in other locations will receive nothing for serving you, since the X-1 is prepaid and gratuities are not charged for service. To give them incentive to give you good service, a tip probably would help.

• 1 year later...
I've decided to take the X1 drinks package, Does anyone know if this can be booked after embarkation, or does it have to be booked before we depart?

It has to be booked and paid for upto 5 days before sailing date.

You have cut it a bit fine, when sailing on 12th. March.:eek:

Contact your TA or Costa direct (phone).

Good luck.

Ron

• 2 weeks later...

For us we didn't book any wine pkgs before the cruise, but as soon as we got on board, they were selling the same pkgs at the bar or at the buffet. This was on the Costa Atlantica - this past January, so I think it's still available. It was a great deal and we really loved it..... especially the red wine that was called Nero something or other. If anyone out there knows the official name of that wine, please post it, as we would love to buy some again, but don't quite remember the exact name.

:rolleyes:

We have booked a costa cruise for August on the ship Magica. :D

Thanks to those who have posted in response to my previous questions.

Ron seems to be Mr Costa Cruise, certainly a gent with much knowledge.

Anyway, does anybody know what beers are available with the X1 package???

Many thanks.

Andy

We have booked a costa cruise for August on the ship Magica. :D

Thanks to those who have posted in response to my previous questions.

Ron seems to be Mr Costa Cruise, certainly a gent with much knowledge.

Anyway, does anybody know what beers are available with the X1 package???

Many thanks.

Andy

Ah a subject very close to my heart.:rolleyes:

In the MDR for dinner you will more than likely get bottled beer, and in the buffet draught beer.

The following is taken from the 2011 drinks menus:

Draught beer (40cl and 25 cl) mostly Heineken or Carlsberg

Bottle beer Weissbier (wheat beer 50 cl) Fransikaner or Erdinger

Other bottled beer (33 cl) Corona, Becks, Carlsberg, Heineken, Nastro Azzuro Beck (alcohol free)

Ron

Just back from Costa Deliziosa and we were given a second bottle of wine and water every night to take to our cabin. The waiters offered this bonus on the first night and we gratefully accepted.

Obviously we gave them a tip at the end of the cruise.

For us we didn't book any wine pkgs before the cruise, but as soon as we got on board, they were selling the same pkgs at the bar or at the buffet. This was on the Costa Atlantica - this past January, so I think it's still available. It was a great deal and we really loved it..... especially the red wine that was called Nero something or other. If anyone out there knows the official name of that wine, please post it, as we would love to buy some again, but don't quite remember the exact name.

:rolleyes:

Hi portcruiser,

We are just off the Atlantica (1 week ago) and grabbed a copy of their Beverage Offer flyer that we recieved once onboard.

I believe the wine you are looking for is called Nero D'Avola IGT "Baglio del Sole". This was offered in their 'Easy Selection' which included 4 bottles of wine and 7 bottles of mineral water (Regular price is $141.73 USD, but offered on sale for $94.00 USD).

Hope this helps.

Is there a limit on the number of drinks per day on any of the packages ? tries looking at the link that Tenpin provided but the Grey background obliterates the Black writing!

Do you mean the X1 and J2 packages?

For X1 and J2 there are no limitations on the number of drinks per day, the limitations for the X1 are that the drinks are per glass and cover, wine, beer, water and soft drinks in the MDR and buffet during their opening hours. The J2 is limited to all drinks under €6.99 and is available in all bars. Both of these packages are indicated on your Costa Card.

All other packages are limited as indicated on the Costa website, for these you will either be given a book of coupons or a tally is recorded on your Costa account.

Ron

Archived