Which pool(s) are adults only?

cruisewiththekids

What would the mother of these girls say if a man (or men) decide to just ignore the rules and hang out in the teen area of Club HAL for the evening?

Or just oggle them and make wolf whistles at them while at the adult pool?

Remember "Have Some Madeira My Dear"?

Sure do, but it wasn't the Limelighters. I can't remember who it was, though. Doesn't that go back a long, long way?

(this was an excellent presentation, though. loved it.)

Sure do, but it wasn't the Limelighters. I can't remember who it was, though. Doesn't that go back a long, long way?

(this was an excellent presentation, though. loved it.)

I know it was someone else too but Google as I may, I cannot come up with anyone but the Limeliters.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
I hope they didn't pay extra for that apostrophe. :eek: Yikes. (Sorry--it's the proofreader in me. I also hate the comma splice in the sign in the cabin bathroom: "Water is precious, please conserve it.")

My husband would have caught this too... :) being he is an English major

Don't worry--I'm still here and still anti-unnecessary apostrophe. ;)

I'm neither an English major, an English teacher, nor a proofreader, but that apostrophe would drive me nuts every time I saw the sign. When you were in school in the days when grammar and punctuation rules were taught you just see things with a different eye. I can still diagram a sentence! :eek:

Sailing on the nieuw Amsterdam next year, but I understand the Eurodam is very similar. Which pool(s) are adults only?

The Hot tubs - maybe..:rolleyes:

Have seen kids in both pools (Lido and Seaview) on every HAL ship we have sailed. Kids are the minority on HAL - so should not be a worry - that is if you are worried about it....Have fun!!!

What you do is dont cruise holidays, or easter break or summer vacation and go on HAL for 14 days or more, and you wont find any kids. Problem solved.

Unfortunately not.... we cruised to Alaska in May when school was still in session and were told "almost no kids" on board. Well, guess what - since only the Lido Pool could be used - with the roof cover - during the trip, it was absolutely insane. Yes, there may have been only about 12 kids on board or such, but they jumped, screamed, ran, and just plainly misbehaved all 7 days around the pool. The noise level was off the charts and every time we tried to go and take a dip - it was for not.

I realize this is a sensitive subject with people claiming "kids are just kids", or "I paid for my vacation", or "you need to loosen (sp?) up"... and the list goes on and on. Problem is that not all people think this is such endearing behaviour, yet if you do not wish to seek confrontation - what can you do, but walk away disappointed that now your holiday enjoyment has been cut short?

I always thought the aft pool (Sea View Pool) was supposed to be "adults only." I have never, not once, seen that enforced. On the Westerdam in May the aft pool and hot tubs were overtaken with children. It didn't bother us as we don't use them ... but I did feel sorry for the adults who thought they were going to take a dip in the pool or soak in the hot tubs. They were challenged to enjoy either.

We were on the Noordam this past Aug and they enforced the adult only policy in the aft pool.There was some push back but crew were great

I was on the Noordam in October and noticed the same. One family and their eight children (yes, really eight!!!) thought the rules didn't apply to them and had to be told twice within the space of an hour. The crew handled it very well I thought even with the ranting Father.