Best Stingray City tour

-ClevelandRocks-

Hi there, we were on Century 21-26 Dec. Did Stingray tour with Stingray Sailing. 18 of us on the boat and the crew were good fun and very patient.

Everyone was given the opportunity to hold the rays, and those of us who were rather timid, (myself ), were allowed enough time to get comfy enough to hold them.

We were not rushed at all. Then stopped at the reef to snorkel for about 30 mins. We asked to be dropped off at the becah afterwards.Highly recommend Stingray Sailing.

We were at Cayman islands with Carnival Liberty. We went to Sting ray tour ourselves after the tendering. Just found the local tour out of the port gate. Went with a group around 30 pp on the boat. It took about 30min one way ride to the sting ray city. There are lots of wild sting rays in the area. We were playing/holding the rays around 40min. It was a best excursion of the 7 days west Caribbean cruise. After that, the boat dropped us for snorkeling for about 30 mins, not very impressive. After reaching the shore, the tax driver took us to the turtle farm. It is boring unless you are a big fans of turtle.

Back to the ship around 3pm to catch the departure.

Swimming with Sting Rays is the best of the trip.

Hi,

We were in Grand Cayman a couple of weeks ago and used Nativeways. They were incredible. There were only 8 on our boat with three guides. It was $62.50 per person for a 5 hour tour that included Stingrays, snorkeling, and lunch at Rum Point beach. The guys on the boat were fantastic and really showed us a good time everywhere we went. I highly recommend them and especially seeing the stingrays. It was an experience I will never forget.

Kellie

I would Highly recommend "Fat Fish Adventures". My husband and I took this tour on our last cruise in April 2009 and it was amazing. The owner himself met us at the Hard Rock Cafe and drove us to the jet ski launch area. We were alone with our tour guide and he was extremely knowledgeable. At stingray city we were able to feed and learn tons about stingrays while guests from other crowded tours looked on with envy. We also stopped at Star fish point and did some snorkeling out in open water at the reef. I've done lots of diving and snorkeling but this was the best by far. Look them up on-line!!!

• 1 month later...

Well, I can vouch for the great customer service of Fat Fish. We had to cancel due to missing the ship, and they handled everything quickly, in a friendly manner, and definitely to our satisfaction. Even our planning correspondance was very positive. They are a great outfit and I will be booking again when I rebook the cruise.

Used stingraysailings last tues with a group from CC

Very professional. Took lots of time with us explaining all the details of the rays. Loved being able to hold one and get a "kiss" There was lots of squid to feed them. Water went from chest to waist high and easy to get into the boat. We were with the rays for at least 40 minutes before moving on to snorkeling.

Had a great trip with stingraysailings very personal and professional a great small group trip. Do not book through the ship they will put you on a boat with 50 people, and you will regret it when you see the other people in much smaller groups.

We were in GC on 2/4/10, a day of 6 ships and 13000 cruisers. We had booked in advance on the "Buccaneer" with Capt Bryan. For US$45/each we had A/C transport in small buses and we were on the Catamaran Buccaneer out to Stingray City. Had a wonderful time at the city, then followed by two snorkel stops.

The Buccaneer can hold up to 60 but there were only 44 on board. Not bad considering the crowds in port. Stingray City was VERY crowded and I would love to go back on a day of one or two ships being in port. No crowds at the snorkeling stops.

Photographer on board was very nice and even though I took photos with my underwater digital we still bought the 7 photos they took of us with the rays along with 40 or so "Professional" underwater shots for US$25.00 on a disk.

Total tour time was >4 hrs. Only water and punch (no rum) on the ship, but we weren't sailing to get drunk but rather to see the sights underwater. Capt Bryan was great and we would not hesitate to go with them again.

Archived