Lobster

Merchant Mariner

Yes, cb........

That is why we New Englanders don't usually order the lobster tails on any of the ships. ;)

Very different taste and texture between them.

Ditto...absolutely! Post-cruise, in Naples, FL, I let my guard down and ordered lobster one night....same as on the ship.

Bottom line is: If you're from New England, please do not order lobster on the ship...it will be a huge disappointment. It's nothing like our Maine lobster.

Ditto...absolutely! Post-cruise, in Naples, FL, I let my guard down and ordered lobster one night....same as on the ship.

Bottom line is: If you're from New England, please do not order lobster on the ship...it will be a huge disappointment. It's nothing like our Maine lobster.

Where we live we are fortunate to be able to order MAIN Lobster tails -- just had them this past Saturday at one of our favorite restaurants.

I was talking whole lobster and you were talking lobster tails. Now I get it.

We always talk in terms of whole lobster..... we want the claws, the body, the tamale, the legs. :) The whole lobster.

Mmmmmmmm, sail, you're making me hungry! I could eat lobster (Maine lobster) 7 nights a week. When we say "lobster", we mean the whole deal, too. claws, tail, tamale, legs, everything!

We have a restaurant on the island that has a "clambake" during the summer: clam chowder to start, then 1 1/2 lb. lobster, steamers, corn on the cob, cole slaw, potato salad. We went MANY times last summer. I work hard at the inn doing the reservations and all...and this is the only compensation I ask! ;)

[quote name='texast518']Will Zuiderdam 05/22 Alaska cruise serve cold water lobster?[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]No , it will be the small 3-4 oz warm water lobster tail. At least it was on my Hal Alaska Cruise. [/SIZE][/FONT]

Archived