Shopping in Fort Lauderdale...

watergal

Does anyone remember/know if there is a mall or good shopping facilities close to the Hyatt Place at the airport?

There is an outdoor mall right beside it with an excellent wine store and a Publix supermarket, and other assorted stores.

Here is the website and store listings......

http://www.theharborshops.com/directory.html

The closest MALL to your hotel is Galleria at Fort Lauderdale, 2414 E Sunrise Blvd Ft Lauderdale, FL 33304 and it is 4.5 miles away. Next would be Broward Mall in Plantation that is 11 miles. If you are just looking for a shopping area to occupy your time with or if money is not of concern I might suggest heading down to E Las Olas Blvd. There are about 5 blocks with the street just lined with charming shops, galleries and restaurants and is always a wonderful way to spend several hours.

Hi watergal,

Seeing your post reminded me how much I love sailing from Ft. Lauderdale. We stayed at the Hyatt Place near the port and LOVED it. It sits a little back on the property which I think is pretty nice since it is not up front where all the traffic is. The continental breakfast is nice too. We had previously stayed at the big Hyatt Hotel but for the price, we were not impressed.

The closest is the Harbor Shops (as the other posters have recommended). Total Wine is a great source for last minute wine purchases. You can also purchase a 3-bottle cardboard bottle carrier that you can carry onboard. DH and I bought two a few years ago, collapsed them after use and stuck them at the bottom of our suitcases for future use. We have used them on a couple of cruises. They are very handy.

In case you are interested in spending a little more time looking around, I suggest taking the water taxi. We use it EXCLUSIVELY and never rent a car. The stop for the Hyatt Place is a few blocks down on the water at stop #7 (Convention Center). The good shopping is at stop #11 (Las Olas Blvd.). There is a fun beach shop (where I bought another bathing suit, sandals, hat, etc.), a yummy candy/ice cream store, casual clothes shop, funky jewelry and many others. It is a fun day. There are some nice restaurants along the way too. Here is the link if you are interested. http://www.watertaxi.com/FLLMap.Asp.htm.

Have fun:D

Archived