Ft. Lauderdal Hotel where you can leave your Car

PegIra

What hotels in Ft. Lauderdale you all recommend for the night before. Someone mentioned being able to leave your car at the hotel while on the cruise is this good or should we use HAL's parking. If so, how much does HAL charge to leave your car while you are on the cruise? I think it was $15 a day at Disney's parking lot.

Thanks in advance,

Peg

What hotels in Ft. Lauderdale you all recommend for the night before. Someone mentioned being able to leave your car at the hotel while on the cruise is this good or should we use HAL's parking. If so, how much does HAL charge to leave your car while you are on the cruise? I think it was $15 a day at Disney's parking lot.

Thanks in advance,

Peg

We are staying at the new Fairfield Inn near both the airport and cruiseport. I was told that it would be all right for me to leave the car for the 21 days we will be away. They have a shuttle to the cruise port for $8 per person.

HAL does not charge for parking. It is Port Everglades that charges. The price is $15 per day.

Others have recommended La Quinta. I have no experience with them. We are Marriott rewards members and try to stay at those properties to get points.

Hope this helps.

Terri

Don't know what the current deal is, but we did this @ Thanksgiving...

I googled Ft Lauderdale cruise packages and this is what I got:

1 night non smoking room/ 2 beds (not bad at all)

2 drinks at the pool side bar

Breakfast that included hot and cold dishes (extra good coffee)

Parking for the week

Transportation to and from the port (on time and hassel free)

total, with tax $108

they sent me a welcome e-mail 2 days pre and a thank you e-mail 2 days post.

I was happy with the service and the price. The staff was appropriately friendly. The grounds were well landscaped. We had a 4th floor room (elevator) that overlooked the sunset (am I onboard yet?).

The rooms had the usual amenities (hairdryer, soaps,creams, coffeepot). They will provide an in-room safe for a fee (we declined), and ask for a security deposit which was promptly returned ($20, if I remember correctly).

We arrived Saturday night, and the place was packed with cruisers to be. The hall around the elevator could have used sweeping; I overlooked it and it was clean the next day. I was told that weekends are usually busy with cruise patrons.They have an access line in the room if you want to complain about something.

There is shopping (Homegoods, Ross, K-mart etc.) close by, and plenty of restaurants.

Because there are so many people there pre-cruise the atmosphere is great, people talking ships and cruises.

Yep, I'd do it again. Makes me wonder where the lukewarm reviews I've read came from. I don't know if I'm not particular, or if they've cleaned up their act!

:) We have just returned from a 26 day Amazon River cruise on MS Prinsendam. And as we have on a couple of previous occassions booked a suite at the Comfort suites airport and cruiseport on Federal Highway. We had a beautiful corner room on the 6th floor overlooking the cruiseport. Had a microwave and fridge. If you book through WWW.STAY123.COM you will be able to book a room for less than going direct through the hotel.Price varies by seasons In Jan it cost us around $120.00 and From Nov 25th it cost us around $90.00 Vehicle stayed there until Dec 21 They claim free parking for 30 days (last Jan.I took a 41 day cruise and was not charged any extra.) They have a nice pool and a great free breakfast (even had corned beef hash and waffles) They provide free transfers to cruise terminal and airport both ways

This past October we stayed at the LaQuinta on our 14 day cruise. Our room was around $90, which included free parking and a shuttle to the port. On the shuttle for $8/per person, they offered a return trip to the hotel. We decided to try it and were pleasantly surprised how smooth it was. We were off the ship, found out luggage and were back at the hotel on the road by 9:15 a.m. I'd highly recommend them. . . Have a great trip

Stayed there several times without issues. Lots of other cruise passengers. Last time we stayed at this hotel they provided us with a bigger free shuttle van (26pass). Very good value for the money. Parking was not an issue. Return trip by cab for the four of us was less than $30.

Stayed at both LaQuinta and Springhill Suites and both were good. LaQuinta was cheaper but Springhill was more upscale. Both had good breakfast, free parking for the duration of the cruise and shuttle TO the port (but return trip was not included). The shuttle at both properties was by an independent service but the one at Laquinta was much more organized and professional with better vehicles.

Archived