Price Reductions??

hikergrl

Hi,

This is our first time on HAL -- I've been watching faithfully for price reductions, but they seem to be few and far between on HAL. Maybe I'm just spoiled by Princess.

Is their any regularity in HAL's price reductions? Should I keep hoping for a reduction on a sailing in May to Bermuda? I was hoping to see a reduction after the announcement that tendering was required for St. George's, but nothing yet. Any speculations out there?

Thanks.

If there is a rhymn or reason to price reductions on HAL, I have not yet found it. However, I did make it habit to just pull up fares once a day for our upcoming Panama Canal cruise and ultimately saved $200 per person. Then the prices went back up - go figure!!

It's easy to check and great fun when you actually find a savings so why not just make checking a daily habit??? Certainly nothing to lose and maybe a few dollars to gain!

Good Luck! Price reduction or not - I hope you have a great cruise!

Hi,

This is our first time on HAL -- I've been watching faithfully for price reductions, but they seem to be few and far between on HAL. Maybe I'm just spoiled by Princess.

Is their any regularity in HAL's price reductions? Should I keep hoping for a reduction on a sailing in May to Bermuda? I was hoping to see a reduction after the announcement that tendering was required for St. George's, but nothing yet. Any speculations out there?

Thanks.

To the best of my knowledge based on 15 years with HAL there is no regularity to HAL's price reductions. It's simply a supply and demand thing by cruise. It seems to me if the itinerary is high density, meaning many lines have similar cruises in the area, then there's a better chance of a reduction. Bermuda probably doesn't qualify as an itinerary with a lot of competition but who knows. The tendering in St. George's may decrease the demand enough that the price gets lower to attract more passengers but only time will tell.

The Veendam is going to be making regular trips to Bermuda this year. Something which to my knowledge cruise lines have done in several years. From what I can remember from several years ago this was a popular route.

I can't recall what line that had this as part of their regular route, but one of the major cruise lines used to.

If there is a pattern on price breaks, it usually comes after the final payment is due-which is about 75 days out as I recall. If they have a bunch of unsold they will provide some good deals if you are flexible as to departure date and type of cabin. If they have sold out-not so. I would also check the weekly 5 Day Flash sales to see if your cruise comes up on it.

Gary

If there is a pattern on price breaks, it usually comes after the final payment is due-which is about 75 days out as I recall. If they have a bunch of unsold they will provide some good deals if you are flexible as to departure date and type of cabin. If they have sold out-not so. I would also check the weekly 5 Day Flash sales to see if your cruise comes up on it.

Gary

If you have already booked and are hoping for a future reduction in the price of your cruise, you are going to be disappointed. Price reductions only effect new bookings after the final payments are made.

Archived