have you ever cancelled a trip due to bad reviews?

hlb76

I was just wondering if anyone actualy has cancelled due to reviews. I have been sailing in and out of about every thread on this board lately. slow at work gives me plenty of time as well as looking for hints on our upcoming vacation. I keep reading should I cancel posts but just can't believe anyone actually would. I take all reviews with a grain of salt. Not everyone has the same tastes or expections of there vacation. I read one review that someone hated it and would never sail again because the staff was bad food was bad ship missed a port etc. The next review on the same cruise was the best they have ever been on!

No. Everybody has different tastes and what one person would deem a negative another person might deem a positive. I am sailing on the Miracle in Dec. 2010 and had a chance to talk to a couple who had sailed on the Miracle. The issues that they didn't like were issues that I would find appealing. :p

I am more likely to pay attention to excursion reviews as there is so much to do and so little time to do it. I find them useful in the filtering process.

Yes. I booked a Hawaiian cruise on NCL. I have never even considered NCL due to compaints I have read and from friends. I was very hesitant to book it in the first place, but it was the only itinerary to Hawaii I liked. In the end I decided that I would rather just do a land vacation there again. I always have a great time. It was actually quite a bit cheaper and I still plan on visiting 3 of the islands. Reviews weren't the only reason I cancelled, but it is the reason that I started looking at land vacations, which ultimately caused me to change my mind.

I have never cancelled or thought about cancelling a cruise after bad reviews. I have read some peoples review of the same cruise I have been on and I wonder if we were really on the same ship.

A cruise is what you make of it.

I was just wondering if anyone actualy has cancelled due to reviews. I have been sailing in and out of about every thread on this board lately. slow at work gives me plenty of time as well as looking for hints on our upcoming vacation. I keep reading should I cancel posts but just can't believe anyone actually would. I take all reviews with a grain of salt. Not everyone has the same tastes or expections of there vacation. I read one review that someone hated it and would never sail again because the staff was bad food was bad ship missed a port etc. The next review on the same cruise was the best they have ever been on!

You hit the nail on the head. We will never cancel because of bad reviews. Actually, we read the reviews after we have decided where and when we want to cruise. We choose based on itinerary and price, not what someone else has to say.

Nope, would never cancel a trip based on a review. As others have said, reviews are subjective. One persons trash is another persons treasure. Or as my Dad used to say, "Opinions are like a**holes. Everyone has one and they all stink!"

Not the same as a cruise but we booked a spot for camping last summer in another state (a 7 hour drive from where we live). Then I started reading reviews 99 % of them were BAD! I would have canceled and got a spot some where else (since we were staying for 8 nights) but it was too late and EVERY place was booked (4th of July week). When we got there we were SO happy! It was the nicest place we ever camped so I guess it's fair to say we were HAPPY CAMPERS! Just goes to show you can't always go by other peoples impressions.

I would never ever cancel a vacation because someone else had a bad experience. I don't get to vacation often so when I do, I won't cancel for anything but an extreme emergency. It'll take a lot more than a bad review to make me cancel!

So many people complained about the Dec. 3rd Dream cruise yet I was on the same one and had an amazing time. You have to take reviews with a grain of salt. Everyone has different expectations. My only expectation is to have a good time!

Yes, and no.

We are definitely the kind of people that "give everything a shot" before making up our minds. Thus, we've cruised Costa, NCL, and MSC and had fun.

BUT....

I just cancelled our upcoming MSC Poesia cruise (for April) and booked the Carnival Miracle instead, EVEN THOUGH the price difference was $700. Why? The first MSC cruise we took was OK. Not great, but OK. And, there continues to be a lot of "bad press" about MSC attempting to become more Americanized to sail in the Caribbean. So, we opted out, knowing that FOR SURE, we would have a good time on Carnival. And, the Miracle ports are better too (Panama!)

That's the only time we've ever cancelled.

CeleBrat

Archived