Eurodam VA

Jen&Joe

You might want to consider 4053 or 4054. They both have very large verandas (approx. 11 ft wide by 12 ft deep). We loved our 20 day B2B NE/Canada cruise in 4053. It is partially covered by the overhang balcony on deck 5 so there is both shade and sun. Some feel that you lose privacy due to the depth of this veranda and the ability of higher decks being able to see down on this area. We felt the positives far outweighed the negatives. Happy sailing!!

We were in 8168, dead center, right below the stern flag. A great room, no problem with noise from the pool deck, and no issue with debris/trash from above. The balcony was completely covered, a plus on days when we had a bit of rain. There was a small sofa bed, so not sure why it wouldn't accommodate a little one.

We were in 8168, dead center, right below the stern flag. A great room, no problem with noise from the pool deck, and no issue with debris/trash from above. The balcony was completely covered, a plus on days when we had a bit of rain. There was a small sofa bed, so not sure why it wouldn't accommodate a little one.

Not sure either. It seems to be HAL's policy that the aft VA rooms are 2 person only.

Jen - I think the general idea is that the Vx-category of cabins are all similarly sized. The difference is in location. A VA is certainly in a superior location to a VH. ;)

We love our VD "home" on Noordam because of the slightly larger balcony - the VD verandahs on deck 4 of the Vistas & Eurodam all extend about 1.5ft to 2ft further out past the rest of the balconies. I didn't check the deck plan, but I'm guessing that helenp2 is describing one of these cabins. The extra footage is not covered by the balcony above on deck 5, so its nice to stand at the railing in the open air.

On Eurodam, we had a VA on deck 8. Nice cabin, but really, just about the same as our VD on deck 4. And the balcony was not at big.

My suggestion - look for a cabin marked "triple" (I think its a little unfilled circle on the deck plans). The sofa is actually a sofa-bed & above it, instead of a picture on the wall, you'll get more storage cabinets. Those are really nice to have since there isn't a whole lot of drawer space in the cabins, no matter which ship you sail. :D

Have a great time & be sure to eat at Tamarind. :)

actually, I was in fact describing VA cabins. Like you, we also like those VD Cat cabins for the extra depth on the balconies. But, if you look at the deck plans on the Vista class ships you will see VD cabins and then just two VA cabins 4053 & 4054. I always wondered why these two cabins were classified as VA and then this past August we were upgraded to VA4053. I was shocked when we entered this cabin and saw the size of the balcony - it was very, very large. I'm guessing this is the reason for it being classified as a VA. Great upgrade to have.

• 1 month later...

We have been booked in cabin 4053 and I was wondering if the location of the lifeboat causes an obstruction of the view??

actually, I was in fact describing VA cabins. Like you, we also like those VD Cat cabins for the extra depth on the balconies. But, if you look at the deck plans on the Vista class ships you will see VD cabins and then just two VA cabins 4053 & 4054. I always wondered why these two cabins were classified as VA and then this past August we were upgraded to VA4053. I was shocked when we entered this cabin and saw the size of the balcony - it was very, very large. I'm guessing this is the reason for it being classified as a VA. Great upgrade to have.

Yes, I am wondering the same thing. There are only four VA cabins on deck 4 - I would have thought that being on a higher deck would be better - would then have a totally unobstructed view. I appreciate that 4053 has a larger balcony, but if the view is obstructed, then doesn't that defeat the purpose? If passengers have been "upgraded" to VA 4053, then I can understand that they would be pretty happy cos they have not paid for a VA, but we have paid more for a VA and think we are getting a crummy deal...what do others think??

It appears from the deck plan that 4053 & 4054 would have a fairly narrow view of the world, with the angled cabin on one side of them impairing their view forward and the lifeboats on the other, in the way of the view aft. Is that not so?

BC

It appears from the deck plan that 4053 & 4054 would have a fairly narrow view of the world, with the angled cabin on one side of them impairing their view forward and the lifeboats on the other, in the way of the view aft. Is that not so?

BC

From being in 4130 on the Eurodam, I can tell you that the deck plan does not give an accurate depiction of the balcony for 4132. The railing of VD4134 does not angle in, so that the railings of 4132 and 4134 are in a straight line with 4136. This results in 4132 having a balcony that I estimate is about 18 feet deep, extending to the outer edge of the lifeboat!! I believe that 4129, 4052, and 4053 are all the same way. The bad part about it is that most of those huge balconies are exposed to view from balconies above and even to the H or G cabin beside them.

attachment.php?attachmentid=94758&d=1225392682

You might want to consider 4053 or 4054. They both have very large verandas (approx. 11 ft wide by 12 ft deep).
When I said 18 ft in my post above I was remembering incorrectly. :o I know that the VD cabins have balconies that are 7.5 ft deep, and the hallway dog-leg between 4134 and 4132 is 6.5 ft deep because I measured that (yes, I bring along a small tape measure on my cruises) so that would make the 4132 balcony 14 ft (7.5 + 6.5). Regardless of the actual length, the point that you and I are both making is that the lifeboat does not block the view at all when you are out by the railing, nor does the balcony next door. :)

Hello!

We are just about to book a cruise on the Eurodam and we enjoy the VA aft cabins. Are they the same on the Eurodam as they are on the vista's? We are looking at deck 8.

TIA!

I can't speak to the cabins on deck 8 as I was on deck 5 in aft VA5192 on the Eurodam. It was fabulous !! I spent every night out there sipping a cocktail and getting lulled to sleep by the wake and the stars, moon and sea. I am an aft cabin junkie and love all it has to offer. I also was in an aft VA balcony cabin on deck 6 on a Vista ship -- the Zuiderdam. It was a bigger balcony but afforded the same glorious views.

My opinion is that you can't miss with an aft cabin.

• 11 months later...

Just received our Room assignments for Eurodam's Eastern Caribbean cruise Feb 26th. We have VA8024 with "triple". Wasn't sure about what Tripled meant (2 lower beds & 1 sofa bed) Is this a good thing? Any pictures of this stateroom and balcony?

I can't speak to the cabins on deck 8 as I was on deck 5 in aft VA5192 on the Eurodam. It was fabulous !! I spent every night out there sipping a cocktail and getting lulled to sleep by the wake and the stars, moon and sea. I am an aft cabin junkie and love all it has to offer. I also was in an aft VA balcony cabin on deck 6 on a Vista ship -- the Zuiderdam. It was a bigger balcony but afforded the same glorious views.

My opinion is that you can't miss with an aft cabin.

Di -- I'm going to be in 6168 (another aft) on the Eurodam. Are those balconies big enough to accommodate a lounger (and more importantly, would I be able to request one)?

Di -- I'm going to be in 6168 (another aft) on the Eurodam. Are those balconies big enough to accommodate a lounger (and more importantly, would I be able to request one)?

Photos of Eurodam VA 6168 and an aside from me, just looking at the photos of the verandah... does not look like a lounger would fit, but not sure....

sm-6168_eurodam_334.jpg--sm-6168_eurodam_338.jpg

[

sm-6168_eurodam_337.jpg--sm-6168_eurodam_336.jpg

Joanie

Just received our Room assignments for Eurodam's Eastern Caribbean cruise Feb 26th. We have VA8024 with "triple". Wasn't sure about what Tripled meant (2 lower beds & 1 sofa bed) Is this a good thing? Any pictures of this stateroom and balcony?

While I do not have photos of the Eurodam's VA 8024 I do have photos of a Similar stateroom on Nieuw Amsterdam that should be nearly the same (if not identical) Keep in mind that the photos below are from a different and newer ship, the furnishings will (should be) different.

Triple means that 3 people can sleep in the stateroom.

VA 8133 Deluxe Verandah Ocean View Stateroom Deck 8 Navigation Deck

[

sm-8133_Google.jpg

[

sm-8133_Google-2.jpg

Joanie

Archived