Zip Line Question

newlyweds06

DAVIS23 if you really think its not for you you may want to concider just paying the ride along fee for the los veronas tour. you get to ride up to the zip line location and then can relax by the river, check out the monkeys,turtles, etc. i was forced to do this back on 2005 because i injurwd my back the back before we flew to pv for a week vaca. (total bummer!) our son was too young to zip so he and i hung out and the base and enjoyed the river and such. just a thought.

I was afraid too, but after the 1st zip line I really enjoyed it. Take a chance, you will have a lot of fun! Actually I think it was GinDon's review that convinced me I could do it, and would enjoy it. (I could be wrong, but GinDon did you do the Outdoor Adventure?)

To deevmo: Glad you enjoyed your adventure! Don't you just feel so "empowered"? We didn't do the Outdoor Adventure. We just did the plain Canopy Zip Line tour, booked on-line, through the Los Veranos Web Site. But, the Outdoor Adventure sounds like fun.........mule ride? I'm up for that!

We want to do a zip line excursion during our upcoming cruise on the Radiance of the Seas, but I am having a hard time deciding with way to go. Here is my dilema: I really want to go where they have the river and swimming hole, which seems like my only choice is Los Veranos. However, booking through the cruise line sounds much more appealing, as they take care of all the details and make sure you get back to the ship in time, they usually give you priority debarkation (when heading off to the tour), take care of ground transport, etc. If we instead do our own tour with Los Veranos, it sounds like we need to find our own transportation to their main office which appears to be a 20 minute cab ride and try to figure out the details of what tour to book, based on the time of day...which also has problems due to unforseen things that happen on a cruise ship (like being late to port, etc).

Any advice? Is the swimming worth it to go to Los Veranos or should I just keep things simple and do the cruise tour?

I think I just answered my own question. I went back to the Royal Caribbean site, and looked at their canopy adventure tour a little more closely. First off, they say the minimum age is 12 years old. I want to bring my 9 year old, and Los Veranos has an age limit of 6 years old I believe. Also, the Royal Caribbean tour is $99 per person, even kids! Los Veranos is only $79 per adult and $58 per kid (plus a 15% discount for booking online). Looks like Los Veranos is the way to go (and we get the swimming).

Anyone had problems getting transportation to the Los Veranos main office?

Is it possible to book a zip line tour at the dock in PV or do you need to make arrangement ahead of time.

I've been to PV a few times, but never looked that closely to see if they offered it at the dock or not. I would imagine one of the many companies that offer zip line tours would be there trying to get people to go. However, it seems the best way to do it cost wise, is to book prior to the cruise. Los Veranos has decent rates (compared to our ship rates) and offers a 15% discount online. Anyone else know what is offered at the pier?

To deevmo: Glad you enjoyed your adventure! Don't you just feel so "empowered"? We didn't do the Outdoor Adventure. We just did the plain Canopy Zip Line tour, booked on-line, through the Los Veranos Web Site. But, the Outdoor Adventure sounds like fun.........mule ride? I'm up for that!

Yes, it was a great feeling afterwards to know I did it! The mule was scary at first, but you get use to it. It was way better than walking up that very long hill. One of the ziplines was into the water, and that was so refreshing. The rapelling was by far the scariest, but what a thrill when you finish!

No matter which zipline adventure someone does you will have fun.

Hi jbobst

I had trouble getting through directly to Los Veranos Tours so we are using Puerto Vallarta Tours. I've not used them before but they were highly recommended on CC. We take a 5 minute taxi ride to a pick up spot and they send a shuttle to take us to the Los Veranos offices. The alternative is to take the 20 minute taxi ride directly to the Los Veranos offices but will cost more for the taxi. Our price was $67 per adult and $49.50 for kids. Hope this helps.

Hi jbobst

I had trouble getting through directly to Los Veranos Tours so we are using Puerto Vallarta Tours. I've not used them before but they were highly recommended on CC. We take a 5 minute taxi ride to a pick up spot and they send a shuttle to take us to the Los Veranos offices. The alternative is to take the 20 minute taxi ride directly to the Los Veranos offices but will cost more for the taxi. Our price was $67 per adult and $49.50 for kids. Hope this helps.

So is Puerto Vallarta Tours just a transportation company? They don't have their own zip line facility? When you say you had trouble getting through directly to Los Veranos, does that mean you called them or emailed them? I tried using their email form on their webpage yesterday, but it didn't work. Sorry for all the questions, just trying to understand how you figured it out.

Thanks!

From what I understand PVT is a third party booking agency (with a good rep with CC, their ad is on top of this post) and part of their price includes partial transportation. They were very quick to respond and the price was the same/better so that is why I used them.

It was the LV email I tried that did not work. Tried it a couple of times.

I have also booked Los Veranos with PVT (more commonly known as Johann & Sandra's PV site) but was told to take the 20 minute taxi ride to their canopy office. I haven't read anything on their site suggesting that you take a 5 minute ride and they provide transportation to the office.

Where did you get/read this information?

We did Los Veranos in Puerto Vallarta last week. It was awesome! We ziplined in Costa Rica last year, but Los Veranos was better. The lines are fast if you follow their directions and keep your body straight. And the guides are really fun, and add a lot to the experience.

The guides will ride tandem with you so you can go backwards, upside down, get filmed on the line etc.

We booked online on their website, and had them pick us up a the La Collage disco. The disco is only a 5-10 min ride from the ship, and cost $3 per person. Their shuttle will pick you up from the disco, and it's about an hour ride to the site. Along the way they do stop at their office, but it's a good 20 min from the ship so you'll pay more for the taxi.

Our party ranged in age from 7 to 47 and everyone had a blast! And the food at the restaurant is delicious!

Los Veranos: we are wanting to do this zipline in P.V. but......A bit on the older side, (hubby is 57, I am much younger:p) he is wondering if his back will be okay, we both have minor back problems.

Also what do you do with your backpack with your sunscreen, camera and stuff.

Los Veranos: we are wanting to do this zipline in P.V. but......A bit on the older side, (hubby is 57, I am much younger:p) he is wondering if his back will be okay, we both have minor back problems.

Also what do you do with your backpack with your sunscreen, camera and stuff.

If you don't have any restrictions from your doctor(s), then you won't have a problem with this zipline excursion. I'm 56, my wife is 52 and my brother in law was 63 (with a shoulder replacement) and we didn't have any problems. All weight is supported by a harness around your butt.

2569345250078358666S600x600Q85.jpg

They have lockers at the excursion site. They will lock up your stuff for you.

I am just like you, much younger than your husband. I am 56 years old and had a hip replacement about a year ago and sometimes very minor back problems. Besides that I am extremely scared of heights. :eek: We did the Los Veranos zip line the first week of January and it was great. :) I thought that I might feel the results of the zip lining, such as overall muscle soreness and sore back, the day after after doing it but that never happened. This is not because I am in superior shape and do a lot of stretching or anything like that. It seems that you are so well supported in the harness that you are in that you do not suffer any ill effects. At least I did not.

They have lockers(no charge) for your backbpacks and personal items for when you are ziplining. You can carry your camera and anything that will fit into your pockets when you are zipping.

Hope this helps!! Have a great time.

oops, I do have another question.

What about climbing is there alot of steps?

You know at our age the old knees are not what they used to be. ;)

Is there much walking up to the zip line start?

If I recall correctly, there is a flight of steps and a spiral staircase to the first line. After that you may walk anywhere from 50-100 feet on well pack, slightly uneven dirt pathways between platforms. Pathways are moderately uphill, level or slightly downhill. The last zipline actually takes you back close to the starting point.

Depending on the time of your you are going, the heat and humidity are the greater stressor than the physical effort.

We are there in 2 weeks time, but my wife suffers from some arthritis in her knees, which means she can't walk very fast, or if there's plenty of steps she would have to take a rest. She would like to do the zip, but is just a bit worried incase people would be queing behind her or if you have to get to the beginning quickly.

My wife and I are doing a cruise. We booked a while ago and guess who got pregnant lol WE DID! So, Im going to go zip lining. My wife really wants to go but I dont think that is wise. Could she come and hang out there and if so is there enough for her to do? She is the type that she just might bring her own harness along and push the guide out of the way to join in the fun though!!!:D

• 1 month later...
I just did the Los Veranos Canopy Tour yesterday and it was awesome. I would highly recommend it. It seemed much better than the one lined up throught the ship (Sapphire Princess) after talking to to some people who did their canopy tour through the cruise line. I can guarantee you will enjoy the height and speed!! :)

We will be doing this tour in May and cruising on Sapphire. Can you give us an estimate on how long it took you from getting off the ship to returning? We have an 11:45 tour. Does that mean we leave the tour office at 11:45 or start zipping? How long does the ziplining actually last? With the time difference we didn't want to cut it too close with the 10:45 tour. Any info you can relay would be great appreciated!!

Archived