One Half of a double cabin

LN50

We have booked one half of a double suite, number 126. I know that it does not have a bath, just a large shower. Is the suite the same size as all others?

Just a thought, if it is convertible to a double cabin, is it more prone to noise from the neighbours?

Thanks for any advice

Linda

Linda

Last March on the Pride, I was in #129 and a friend in #127 ~~we hosted a party one morning ~~called the carpenter to open up the wall between the suites ~~quite interesting!! When he finished he and our Stewardess raised the bed in #127 (into the wall) and VOILA~~a huge suite! Very roomy ~~I know of one couple that always book 129 & 127 ~~ they have the wall opened and enjoy 2 queen beds plus 2 full baths ~~if desired, the Hotel Manager places a dining table in 127 (where the bed was) On a TA Crossing the suites are ideal ~~Deck 4, and a large suite!

You'll most certainly will have a grand time!

Martita B.

Linda,

I have sailed in 224 and 226 a total of 3 times and found that I did not have a problem with noise or smoke coming through the mirrored accordion partition to the adjoining suite. But as His Lordship states, it is the "luck of the draw" when it comes to your neighbors. Miss Pinkie is correct, the bed is lower and is too low to store most luggage there. So I asked my suite stewardess to have it stored in the ship's hold during the cruise and have it delivered the night before the last day onboard for packing.

I actually prefer the true queen-sized Murphy bed (single mattress) on the triplets as it is more comfortable than when the twins are configured as a queen because of the gap in the center. On the Odyssey, however, when the twins are configured as a queen, you do not feel the gap in the center and the beds are very comfortable.

What ship and sailing are you on? We might be neighbors. We are in 128 on the Spirit sailing 11 Feb.

Hi Sallyjo,

Yes we will be on the spirit, but not until May 2010 so will not be neighbours... But have a great trip, we cannot wait to go again.

Linda

Hi Paul,

Thank you for the tip, I am surprised that the beds are that low that they cannot store luggage under, but who cares... Thank you for the tip about the steward storing it elsewhere.

Looking forward to a great trip and currently browsing the interenet for another... Oh I wish we had purchased more than one on board booking, does anyone know if we can transfer the one already used as a deposit, to another, higher priced and longer cruise so we can benefit more from the discount?

Linda :)

Hi Linda,

The low beds are due to the Murphy bed design that has to swing up and be held in place flush against the wall of the suite (the bed will be down during your entire cruise). The thickest piece of luggage I was able to store under the bed was my 22 inch rollaboard which is 8 inches or 20 cm thick. I had to slightly lift up the bed to slide my rollaboard past the bed frame.

About 2 years ago, I switched an onboard booking from one cruise to another more expensive cruise. At the time, my TA told me that Seabourn allows only one switch. I would check with Seabourn and find out if this is still allowed.

Hi Linda,

The low beds are due to the Murphy bed design that has to swing up and be held in place flush against the wall of the suite (the bed will be down during your entire cruise). The thickest piece of luggage I was able to store under the bed was my 22 inch rollaboard which is 8 inches or 20 cm thick. I had to slightly lift up the bed to slide my rollaboard past the bed frame.

About 2 years ago, I switched an onboard booking from one cruise to another more expensive cruise. At the time, my TA told me that Seabourn allows only one switch. I would check with Seabourn and find out if this is still allowed.

Thank you Paul, I will try.

Linda

Myy wife and I perfer the suites with the Murphy bed and shower. Since we don't use the tub the shower is much more user friendly and the bed is just as comfortable. Have not had any noise problems.

Thank you for the positive comments. We also usually prefer to shower so will not miss the bath.

Glad the bed is comfy though. :)

Archived