Cabo unloading time

Carole_T

We're cruising the end of January. I booked an independent cruise in Cabo for 8:30 a.m. They want us there (it's right on the dock) by 8 a.m. The ship states it docks at 7 a.m. Anyone who's been on the ship reciently who can tell me if we can unload that quickly, essentially in one hour?

We're cruising the end of January. I booked an independent cruise in Cabo for 8:30 a.m. They want us there (it's right on the dock) by 8 a.m. The ship states it docks at 7 a.m. Anyone who's been on the ship reciently who can tell me if we can unload that quickly, essentially in one hour?

That might be a little ambitious... The ship, of course, doesn't "dock" in Cabo, it anchors, and the passengers are tendered ashore. They will be giving priority to ship-based excursions and will then allow the masses to head to the tenders. Get an early ticket and you will have a better chance at making it.

Those on Princess-sponsored excursions, and I believe, Elite passengers and those in certain category cabins will have priority for the tenders. That's the policy on any cruise. If you don't fall into one of those categories, you'll just have to hope the tendering process starts on time, and runs smoothly, and that you're near the front of the nonpriority passengers. I'll be surprised that the company you've booked with doesn't already know this, but you might want to double check to see what happens if you don't get off the ship by the expected time.

Since you will be tendered ashore, passengers on Princess tour, in suites and Elite Captains Circle member will have priority. Everyone else will have to go to one of the lounges to get a ticket. These passengers will be accommodated on the tender as space allows. It is often 90 minutes or so to get thru the initial rush of passengers disembarking.

Your tour guide should be aware of this.

I was there late November. We were the third ship to arrive so had to anchor further out in the harbour resulting in tenders taking about 15 minutes. I was no rush to get off. I got off about an hour after arrival with no problem. Those on the ships that arrived early had only about a 5 minute tender. As your ship is scheduled to arrive early your tender should be a short ride which should help you. Remember scheduled times of arrival are not gaurenteed. Late departures from previous port, medical emergencies, rough weather and other issues can result in a delayed arrival.

Wayne S.

Thanks everyone for your feed back. I think I better change my plans! It sounds like I'm taking a chance. I'll get a later excursion time, and not run the risk of missing the excursion and still having to pay for it!!!

Thanks everyone for your feed back. I think I better change my plans! It sounds like I'm taking a chance. I'll get a later excursion time, and not run the risk of missing the excursion and still having to pay for it!!!

Your tour gude should be aware of the problems you have getting to the shore.

Archived