Iguazzu Falls Tours

Lets go already!

That's a good video.

There are paths in San Martin. It isn't very big. Just follow the arrows. My favorite is a "front row" balcony view of the falls.

Based on looking at the park maps, San Martin Island looks like the best place to get a panoramic view. Do you have any photos of the view from the island?

Thanks for the link Dileep. I have seen some of your other videos, but somehow missed out on this one. This is a really great video to show what to expect. I am really glad that we will be able to get so close to it. When on St. Martin Island, are you able to walk all along the edge to get views or is it restricted?

We did not have the time or the energy to get across to the island. I think I had quite a few steps. We did only the upper and lower falls, all in one afternoon. I went to Devil's Throat by myself the next morning before the return flight. Wish we had more time, but we made the most of the 24 hours we had and thoroughly enjoyed it. Iguazu beats Niagara and Victoria falls.

This link shows my pictures of the Feb., 2009 trip to Igazu. It was a especially dry season. Any way it was great. Should you get a rainy season you will see much more water. The first photos are from the Brazilian side and them you see the Argentinean side. You can get an idea about the boat ride. I took the boat ride from the Brazilian, but you can get it from both sides.

Brazilian side is more panoramic. Argentinean side is "inside" the falls. So having both is a good idea, although Americans need visa to get in Brasil as Brazilians need visa to get in US.

Should you have time you may want to go to the Birds Park, just close to the Brazilian park entrance. Unfortunately I do not have photos.

Should you being interested in power generation, you can schedule a visit to Itaipu Dam, the second largest dam in the world (first one is in China), but it is for those really interested in the subject, otherwise is waste of time.

You can find good Argentinean restaurants in Argentinean town. The Brazilian town does not have any interesting restaurant you should care about.

http://picasaweb.google.com.br/marcuscostamoraes/FozDoIguacuFevereiro200902?authkey=Gv1sRgCO_LtJKhm6bePQ#

Question for those of you who have stayed at the Sheraton. We are flying into the airport on the Argentinian side, but departing EARLY a few days later (heading on to Rio de Janeiro) from the airport on the Brazilian side. Does anyone know how the best way to transfer might be? Taxi, or shuttle? Distance, approximate costs? Any info or suggestion is much appreciated! Thanks.

Archived