CB Embarkation San Juan question

micdee

Questions for those of you who have recently sailed the Caribbean Princess;

What time did you arrive at the pier?

How long did it take to finally board the ship?

Trying to get an idea on when to go, thanks for your replies.

I arrived at 2:40pm and the lineup outside in the hot sun humid air was about 30 minutes, than 10 minutes registration and another 20 minutes on the Gangway on the skybridge boarding the ship. it wasn't a bad experience, when you get too excited, you might find it fustrating. its all good. This ship was docked at the old San juan terminal march 2008.

i'am arriving at 6:30pm this time :)

i find the earlier passenger are tired from traveling far away, they are usually the ones that this is their first or second cruise who never had much sleep the night before and have gotten up early to catch their flights.

By the time you get on,, they are boozing it up to loosen up or taking a nap.

works for me!

We are awake and ready to go so we arrive at the pier around 11am. Some cruise lines have the water tight doors closed so you cannot go to your stateroom. That does not bother us. They start serving lunch around noon. The bar is open. Always nice to be the first one to belly up to the bar! We sit, relax and enjoy! Around 1pm we check to see if we can access our stateroom and drop off our carry on bag.

It is always nice to be able to enjoy the ship for a few hours before the crowds start to arrive!

so happy to hear it goes so fast! last couple of times in san juan it took forever. I also am glad to hear you can go straight to your state room. No other line i have been on let you in your room right away. Honestly i am so excited it doesn't really matter to me!

Archived