Does Royal Caribbean have a payment plan for cruises?

I have a 'vacation bucket' set up on CapitalOne360 that I put my payments into. It accumulates a small amount of interest and it's still available to me if I need it in case of emergency. When it's time to make final payment I move it out.

• 3 weeks later...

If we did this (pay monthly amounts instead of one total balance before the due date) does anyone know if they would refund any excess that was paid before the due date, in the event of a cancellation - eg. $2,000 more than the required amount being paid in advance before due date, and cruise subsequently cancelled? In this case would the $2,000 be returned to our credit card?

We have recently made our first booking with Royal, and hopefully will enjoy our cruise so much there will be more. We haven't thought of paying bit by bit on any of our bookings with other cruise lines, or even if it's allowed, but I'm curious to know if our money would be safe if we cancelled before due date.

Members were very helpful regarding my previous query on downgrading from a suite, and I value the knowledge and expertise here.

If we did this (pay monthly amounts instead of one total balance before the due date) does anyone know if they would refund any excess that was paid before the due date, in the event of a cancellation - eg. $2,000 more than the required amount being paid in advance before due date, and cruise subsequently cancelled? In this case would the $2,000 be returned to our credit card?

We have recently made our first booking with Royal, and hopefully will enjoy our cruise so much there will be more. We haven't thought of paying bit by bit on any of our bookings with other cruise lines, or even if it's allowed, but I'm curious to know if our money would be safe if we cancelled before due date.

Members were very helpful regarding my previous query on downgrading from a suite, and I value the knowledge and expertise here.

Yes, Royal will refund the amount you are due to your credit card, as long as the cancellation is before final payment date.

Apologies for resurrecting this from ancient history, but I just came across this (very old !!) post about paying in installments, and I wondered if this is still something that people do?

I always assumed that the deposit, followed by the full balance when it becomes due, was the only way to pay for a cruise.

I'm not sure I would do it, but am curious to know what other people think about paying for their cruise bit by bit, if it is allowed?

It's easy and allows me to have several cruises at a time booked.:) K.O. Edited by Thetrail

• 3 weeks later...

If we go into My Cruises and make a payment online of, say $500, would we automatically receive a receipt and amended paperwork showing the new balance by email?

I'd just be a bit concerned that if we didn't get new paperwork and a receipt for every payment that the balance showing wouldn't correspond to what we have paid. I read so often about errors and anomalies in payments on the Royal Caribbean website and I don't want to end up with a problem. I'd rather do it online than by telephone too, as my experience with the call centre hasn't been great.

First cruise we didnt pay for until the last minute. The next 2 cruises, we've booked through a TA (although we booked our last cruise whilest we were on the previous cruise - we only had to pay $100 deposit each and we got OBC) we paid our deposit and then paid the rest off bit by bit and were fully paid up well before full payment was required.

Upcoming cruise, I also paid it off bit by bit at the TA. Only got to pay the travel insurance now. Have to wait until next time we're in the town the TA is as we have moved since to a place 4 hours away!!

If we go into My Cruises and make a payment online of, say $500, would we automatically receive a receipt and amended paperwork showing the new balance by email?

I'd just be a bit concerned that if we didn't get new paperwork and a receipt for every payment that the balance showing wouldn't correspond to what we have paid. I read so often about errors and anomalies in payments on the Royal Caribbean website and I don't want to end up with a problem. I'd rather do it online than by telephone too, as my experience with the call centre hasn't been great.

They don't automatically send you an updated confirmation...you could do the payment online & then call for a confirmation...I agree ALWAYS get a new guest booking confirmation when you make a payment!!

They don't automatically send you an updated confirmation...you could do the payment online & then call for a confirmation...I agree ALWAYS get a new guest booking confirmation when you make a payment!!

Thank you. I will do this. I read so much about errors in their system, I want to keep track of any payments!

Fresh off Monarch (yesterday), now my friend and I are hungering for a longer cruise (4 days isn't nearly enough) and a much bigger ship.

We have our eye on Freedom of the Seas for late August. Being as the cruise is more than seven months away, does Royal Caribbean have a program where you pay a deposit, then make monthly payments toward the cruise?

If not, at what point does the price of a cruise usually come down?

Gracias! :D

you book with the minimum deposit then pay off the rest of it by final due date however you want.

do not assume or expect the price will go down at all. in fact the chances are far greater that it will only go up the closer you get to final payment date. now, after FP, you may find deals scattered across categories or whatever, but the availability will be far less.

so you need to decide which is more important: getting a specific cabin or cabin category, or getting better deal but being stuck with the undesirable inside on deck two behind the boiler room as that is the only cabin left.

I always have a boom line of what I am comfortable paying based on itinerary, cabin category and length. when the price is right, I book. and then I no longer worry about it obsessively or stalk the website for price drops.

• 2 months later...
Can someone help me? I've been all over my reservation pages and I can't find where I can make payments.

Depending on how you made your booking you might not be able to pay via the website, if you can pay online it will be next to "Cruise Planner" on your reservation

Depending on how you made your booking you might not be able to pay via the website, if you can pay online it will be next to "Cruise Planner" on your reservation

I booked right on the RC site, but next to cruise planner is cruise documentation. Oh well, I'll just keep putting the money away in my vacation savings account.

Thanks for the quick response, though, I appreciate it.

I booked right on the RC site, but next to cruise planner is cruise documentation. Oh well, I'll just keep putting the money away in my vacation savings account.

Thanks for the quick response, though, I appreciate it.

That's unusual, you should be able to pay then, but it seems you'll have to phone in and pay.

Good idea though, pay on final payment date and let your savings account accrue any interest!

No worries :)