Carnival Dream

vacruzer007

Hello!

Quick question, about Carnival dream -Eastern Caribbean to St. Thomas an St. Maarten, does anyone know if the the ship is docked or tendered?

we're not too crazy about being on that little boat ;)

Any insight will help.

Thanks!!

Both dock.... we were just in St Thomas on the Dream and had a blast.

We were in St Maarten in May on the Glory and docked... BUT we did take a water taxi from the pier to downtown. I think it was $6 per person for all day. We rode back and forth many times and did not feel unsafe. There are the larger boats.

I do not take water taxis in Nassau because they are the small boats that I do not feel safe in.

The most miserable I have ever been in a water taxi in Nassau...overwhelmed with diesel fumes, packed in like sardines...it is well worth a regular taxi fare..pay for a one way if you're not sure.

St. Maarten's water taxis are great, not overpacked like ferries, comfortable and a super-fast ride to the shopping area.

I do not take water taxis in Nassau because they are the small boats that I do not feel safe in.

The most miserable I have ever been in a water taxi in Nassau...overwhelmed with diesel fumes, packed in like sardines...

OK, I know the original question was about another port of call, but since thers two already mentioned it . . . I'll just add that the Nassau watercraft/ferries are often unsafe vessels that are overcrowded. This particular one had zero life vests on the upper lever. Zero.

2675206210103861232S600x600Q85.jpg

Archived