Cancelation - How to get Receipt for Lost Deposit?

bme

Unfortunately, I had to cancel one cabin and lost two deposits. I now want to submit these lost deposit amounts to my trip insurance company and assume I need to "prove" the loss. How do I get Carnival to send me a receipt? Two different reps have told me different things (no surprise) but the basic message is that Carnival does not send anything by mail or email. How can this be true?

Am I missing a way to see this online? I can't see the booking # in my online reservation anymore. It is no longer linked to my other cabins. Any ideas?

TIA.

You probably only lost $50 so far per person?? If its ES, they hold the rest of the deposit for up to one year.

So, it probably depends on what you mean by "lost". Are you before or after final payment?You should have the deposit on your credit card statement?? Maybe if you explain more someone here can help you with some ideas.

Maybe what you mean you are looking for is the receipt for the cancellation?? I get those from my PVP via email, so Im sure you can get one too.

More details: I booked the cabin with Early Saver and am past final payment (between 30 and 75 days before sailing.) Per the Terms & Conditions on a 7 day cruise I am subject to a cancellation fee of each deposit (which was $250 per person). My goal now is to claim with insurance.

I do not have a specific PVP, just called the general number and talked to a rep both to make the initial booking and handle the cancelation. I guess I'll keep calling until they send me something. This just seems strange.

More details: I booked the cabin with Early Saver and am past final payment (between 30 and 75 days before sailing.) Per the Terms & Conditions on a 7 day cruise I am subject to a cancellation fee of each deposit (which was $250 per person). My goal now is to claim with insurance.

I do not have a specific PVP, just called the general number and talked to a rep both to make the initial booking and handle the cancelation. I guess I'll keep calling until they send me something. This just seems strange.

Interesting question!

As you note, after Final Payment Deadline, the normal cancellation terms in the Cruise Contract apply.

Does your MyReservation | Manage Booking show anything? You should be entitled to a Receipt/Confirmation; did you receive an E-Mail confirmation?

Are you cancelling for reasons covered in the Insurance Cancellation coverage? or Cancel for Any Reason? Can you Post how this works out?

thanks, Ken

Tried again through the website by adding back the booking number. Now it shows as linked to my other bookings again (it had disappeared when I canceled), but when I click through the booking number I get the following error message: 5007 : Electronic documents are not available. Booking is cancelled. (MessageID:1202).

Still not sure I'm looking in the right place on the web. And I never did receive an email confirming the cancellation.

So, I called the main number again. Rep told me to call the "Guest Admin Department" at 800-438-6744, x70450. Open 8:30am - 5:30pm M-F.

You should have gotten a e-mail for the cancellation. In Dec. because of price drops I went from a family room for 5 to 2 adjoining cove balcony cabins 2 week before sailing. I got 1 e-mail with the cancelled cabin and then 2 e-mails for the new cabins, this was with ES. Carnival did not charge me the $50 fee either, probably because I gave them more money.

It gets worse! I called Guest Services this morning. The rep told me that Carnival does not send *any* sort of receipt. However, for $20 :eek: I can pay to have Carnival mail me a form with all of the payment details for the booking. I was shocked, speechless and angry at the thought of being held up for $20 to get a receipt. Unbelievable. I still can't imagine this is the truth. :mad:

I read the early responses about a PVP providing a receipt so I asked him for the number to get a PVP. They weren't available until 11am ET per the recording. I didn't follow up on this route yet, because....

Instead of waiting until 11am, I called the travel insurance company and initiated the claim. I specifically asked what type of documentation they need as proof of the lost amount. She told me they don't need it! They will be calling Carnival to verify the cancellation anyway, so they'll get the information directly (verbally) from Carnival. This was the best news I've heard all day. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

It gets worse! I called Guest Services this morning. The rep told me that Carnival does not send *any* sort of receipt. However, for $20 :eek: I can pay to have Carnival mail me a form with all of the payment details for the booking. I was shocked, speechless and angry at the thought of being held up for $20 to get a receipt. Unbelievable. I still can't imagine this is the truth. :mad:

I read the early responses about a PVP providing a receipt so I asked him for the number to get a PVP. They weren't available until 11am ET per the recording. I didn't follow up on this route yet, because....

Instead of waiting until 11am, I called the travel insurance company and initiated the claim. I specifically asked what type of documentation they need as proof of the lost amount. She told me they don't need it! They will be calling Carnival to verify the cancellation anyway, so they'll get the information directly (verbally) from Carnival. This was the best news I've heard all day. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Hope everything turns out OK--it seems like it might.

As I was reading through your story and your problem of not getting any e-mail from Carnival, I was going to tell you to send an e-mail to them and put all the information about your cruise in the e-mail (deposit, final cost, cabin #, reservation number, etc.).

Then, at the very end of the e-mail just state..."So, when am I going to get all my money back (giving them the total cost of the trip that you've paid)." You would have probably gotten an e-mail reply from them saying that you were only going to get $X refunded and they were going to keep $X from you deposit. Voila! An e-mail from Carnival stating they're keeping your money (And you wouldn't have to pay them $20 for the privilege--which kinda sucks in my book).

Archived