The NEW I Work in Port Canaveral Thread!

psblin99

Well, I've made hotel reservations now! We will be staying at the La Quinta Oceanfront. I sent an email, advising I had heard great things at CC, since I made my reservations on line.

Any suggestions for what is near by to occupy our time? We love things we can walk to. First on the list is the beach, of course. :D

Well, I've made hotel reservations now! We will be staying at the La Quinta Oceanfront. I sent an email, advising I had heard great things at CC, since I made my reservations on line.

Any suggestions for what is near by to occupy our time? We love things we can walk to. First on the list is the beach, of course. :D

Laurie you have the Cocoa Beach Pier right next door and of course it sits right over the ocean - there really isn't too much as far as entertainment, but you are close to Publix that sits in a strip mall across the street - Ron Jon's etc is about a mile South of La Quinta - talk to the GM Chris Wald and I am sure he will direct you to the best places or you can walk up to A1A and just take the bus to get to about anywhere you want to go for a dollar a person - not a bad deal since you do get a pass to get back on when you are ready to come back "home".

Check it out on post #295

We will be sailing on the FOS May 1st and wanted to cover to the space center. Can you please recommend a a tour guide that might pick us up fro our hotel and then deliver us to the pier?

Angela

Hello DCP (very hard job- my sister has been in it for 35 years)

Anyhow I do not quite understand when you ask for a tour guide - to tell you the truth if that is what you are asking for, I do not know anyone, but they do have tour guides at KSC and too everything is self explanatory - if you are looking for someone to take you there, you can go to post #295 or drop Michael at note at viplimo@screenstar.com and he will give you the rate to pick you up and do the round robin.

Hope that this will help some.

Shirley, is there a Walgreens or CVS or something like that around the Best Western, or do we take the trolley to one. Thanx

Hello beej - there is a Walgreens and a CVS on the corner of A1A and Merritt Island Causeway AKA highway 520 which is about one mile South of BW - there is a trolley stop right in front of BW - go and ask to speak to Linda there at BW and she will direct you the best way to go. You know there is a Publix right in front of the BW which you can go to since they seem to carry everything you can think of.

Good luck :)

Hello DCP (very hard job- my sister has been in it for 35 years)

Anyhow I do not quite understand when you ask for a tour guide - to tell you the truth if that is what you are asking for, I do not know anyone, but they do have tour guides at KSC and too everything is self explanatory - if you are looking for someone to take you there, you can go to post #295 or drop Michael at note at viplimo@screenstar.com and he will give you the rate to pick you up and do the round robin.

Hope that this will help some.

This is exactly what we are looking for...I really don't want to go through the hassel of renting a car returning it....I'm on vacation....I would much rather have some one else do the driving while I kick back and relax.

Shirley,

Thank you so much for sharing your expertise with us. After following up on your recommendation of Mike at VIP Limo, I was more than pleased. I have now been in touch with Chris at La Quinta, who has graciously given me an upgrade for mentioning Cruise Critic.

You people in Cape Canaveral sure know how to make people happy!

BTW, I'm looking for R&R while I'm on my pre-cruise visit, so I just wanted to make sure there were a few places to eat and a few things to keep us occupied while we were there. Chris has made some restaurant reservations, and KSC, the beach and the pier will do the trick for us.

May can't get here fast enough!

Shirley,

Thank you so much for sharing your expertise with us. After following up on your recommendation of Mike at VIP Limo, I was more than pleased. I have now been in touch with Chris at La Quinta, who has graciously given me an upgrade for mentioning Cruise Critic.

You people in Cape Canaveral sure know how to make people happy!

BTW, I'm looking for R&R while I'm on my pre-cruise visit, so I just wanted to make sure there were a few places to eat and a few things to keep us occupied while we were there. Chris has made some restaurant reservations, and KSC, the beach and the pier will do the trick for us.

May can't get here fast enough!

Good choices Laurie - Both Chris and Mike work so great together and somehow they make it happen - I got them together and it has worked out so great for both of them - when you have great teamwork then you know you are in good hands - now remember noone is perfect and noone wants to make mistakes, but humans do make mistakes - I am not saying anything will happen, but the folks here in CC and CB are really great to work with and you are made to feel like you are in a safe zone.

Anyhow I know you will have a great time

Edited by snelsonbrown

Shirley-

Thank you so much for the updates on #295. Everything I can think of is there. Travel would be that much easier if there was a #295 for all ports. Also, just wanted to share with you all how wonderful Joe P. the GM for Radisson has been. I sent him an e-mail this week and he took the time to respond within a few hours from his vacation and cc someone at the hotel so we can get the service requested when we arrive on Friday. I haven't been to Cocoa Beach yet but I'm already so impressed with the service.

I'll let you know how it went when we get back in mid-September. Thank you again

Shirley-

Thank you so much for the updates on #295. Everything I can think of is there. Travel would be that much easier if there was a #295 for all ports. Also, just wanted to share with you all how wonderful Joe P. the GM for Radisson has been. I sent him an e-mail this week and he took the time to respond within a few hours from his vacation and cc someone at the hotel so we can get the service requested when we arrive on Friday. I haven't been to Cocoa Beach yet but I'm already so impressed with the service.

I'll let you know how it went when we get back in mid-September. Thank you again

I agree with you caribtravel that it is a shame that the other ports doesn't have the information that Cape Canaveral has. It takes a lot of time, emails and phone calls to make sure all the information is correct and in fact am trying to do another update, but just not quite ready since all the information I want is not back yet from everybody - there has to be choices so noone is picked out singularly - all of the places I have suggested, I have visited, checked out, met the GM's or gone to all the restaurants and tried the food and service and nope there has been NO STRINGS ATTACHED for doing so - I want everyone that comes here to feel safe and in good hands - Joe P is such a great person and GM and he does go over the edge for his cruisers.

anyhow thanks for taking the time to post - it was super nice of you :)

Ok I have been reading and reading this thread and have even printed out post 295, lol...

What I need is any good info on the LaQuita on Atlantic Ave, So I take it this is not the one by the pier?? how far to the pier?? I got this one on priceline... Hope I haven't messed up lol

And We still are looking for good reliable transportation after cruise to airport.. I have read some bad reviews lately and wanna see what you guys recommend.... We don't have to be at airport till like 3pm. We have rented a car for precruise for around $40 but post cruise they want more like $90 for same car..I will keep checking..

Thanks for any recommendations!

Ok I have been reading and reading this thread and have even printed out post 295, lol...

What I need is any good info on the LaQuita on Atlantic Ave, So I take it this is not the one by the pier?? how far to the pier?? I got this one on priceline... Hope I haven't messed up lol

And We still are looking for good reliable transportation after cruise to airport.. I have read some bad reviews lately and wanna see what you guys recommend.... We don't have to be at airport till like 3pm. We have rented a car for precruise for around $40 but post cruise they want more like $90 for same car..I will keep checking..

Hello CT - ok the LaQuinta you booked is less than 6 miles from the port - on Post #295, you will find information on the LQ including Judy's email address whom you can write with any questions, comments etc - she is really a sweet gal to work with and loves her guest.

Her email is lq0622dos@laquinta.com

Anyhow I printed out all of the information on 295 simply b/c I am doing an update and wanted to make sure to take out old and add the new -My gosh I feel like I printed out about 25 sheets of paper, but I didn't :) also you can drop Bob from Avis an email and I am sure he would be more than happy to answer any questions you have.

Now do be aware that he doesn't check his email often, but here is his email so that you can try to start to contacting him now Surfercal8@aol.com

Please make sure that whomever you contact you got the information from here and give CC the credit since they make it possible for this thread to exist and allow their members to feel safe with their selections. (AND NO I AM NOT CONNECTED TO CC) - I just try to suggest a number of places, things, etc which folks might enjoy.

ENJOY AND HAVE A SAFE CRUISE!!!!!!!!!!!

Please share the particulars on your PL winning bid...What area, star level etc

Also how close to avis location?

thanks!

Mike

I would like to share this that was put on another thread - Chris from LaQuinta Oceanside is offering upgrades at no extra charge until January of 2011 IF you mention the CC board. Do not know what the charges are for rooms, but you can always email him a note to find out.

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike I bid 3 star and bid $60 and got it.. still a savings.. we just want a clean room nothing fancy to spend the night before..

Thanks Shirley for the info..

Right now I have Michael booked for post cruise transport to MCO for $70 for both of us.. same as Carnival's transport but we will have a towncar

Shirley-

Can you please email me at usmcgina@yahoo.com and give me Joe P's email address?? I have a couple of questions. Thanks!!

Would really like some help for renting I am thinking a limo from orlando airport to radisson in cape canveral and then from cruise terminal back to orlando airport? I have looked through and printed out the thread but can really only find a couple mentioned?? Anyone used any limo services??? Thanks so much

Would really like some help for renting I am thinking a limo from orlando airport to radisson in cape canveral and then from cruise terminal back to orlando airport? I have looked through and printed out the thread but can really only find a couple mentioned?? Anyone used any limo services??? Thanks so much

Vbecky try Michael with VIPLIMO - very nice, honest and polite young man - I was very impressed with him

You can drop him a note at viplimo@screenstar.com

Hi Shirley...1st I'd like to say THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOO much for all of your hard work!! Can you possibly send me Joe P's email address at the Radisson??

Thanks!

Thank you so much for your acknowledgement - it is very time consuming, but I know that it helps so many coming into a strange town.

Here is the address you asked for and please give CC credit for making it possible for they have great for allowing so many to help so many.

jpanackia@radissonport.com

Hi Shirley - just a few questions regarding tickets and Cocoa Beach in general.

We are booked into La Quinta Oceanfront arriving evening of Oct 25th & departing Oct 28th. I emailed Chris asking if we are able to purchase ticket at Hotel for Space Center. Chris said they do not have them, but to order online or through CVB. I am guessing CVB is Cocoa Visitor Bureau ? Hubby is not sure what day he will visit Space Center so we don't want to order online. I read on your information post that the other La Quinta Hotel offers discount tickets. Should I email them to see if we can arrange one through them, or do you suggest any other avenue in Cocoa Beach.

We will have Rental car, and I also read that parking is free at the Space Center ?

How far is downtown Cocoa Beach from La Quinta Oceanfront ? I will be exploring your beautiful town on my own, on day Hubby goes to Space Center. Will I need to arrange taxi or take bus service ? Reading your many posts, I have a few stops I would like to make. eg: Fashion store that sells cruise wear, maybe manicure and other great stops.

Take care and thank you for your time. Hope you have a restful weekend.

Sharon G