The NEW I Work in Port Canaveral Thread!

psblin99

We are 2 adults and 2 kids (11 and 8). Any suggestions on which beach to go to? It will be midweek in April. Looking for a place that will rent boogie boards and skimboards for the day, too.

And just to confirm, we will have to call a cab company, since the cabs by the pier are looking to take people to Orlando (or larger fares than to a beach)? Any recommendations on a cab company? And how much time should be have to give them to show up?

Thanks in advance to all.

We are 2 adults and 2 kids (11 and 8). Any suggestions on which beach to go to? It will be midweek in April. Looking for a place that will rent boogie boards and skimboards for the day, too.

And just to confirm, we will have to call a cab company, since the cabs by the pier are looking to take people to Orlando (or larger fares than to a beach)? Any recommendations on a cab company? And how much time should be have to give them to show up?

Thanks in advance to all.

Google cabs Cape Canaveral. 10 minutes. Go to Jettypark.org

I am bring a group of 19 to sail out on April 2nd, on the Carnival Dream. Thanks for all the info on this thread, I think I have most things covered. Is Rusty's a place that would be ok for 19 people from kids to senior citizens? We are staying at the Country Inn and Suites and it looked close. Thanks for the info!

I am bring a group of 19 to sail out on April 2nd, on the Carnival Dream. Thanks for all the info on this thread, I think I have most things covered. Is Rusty's a place that would be ok for 19 people from kids to senior citizens? We are staying at the Country Inn and Suites and it looked close. Thanks for the info!

I probably would be the best choice in the port. Because of seating arrangement and menu. Of course I would give them notice.

Here is there menu.

http://www.rustysseafood.com/seafood-menu.php

Shirley are you familiar with this place? Its on Banana River Drive. www.parkcruise.com

Hello my friend,

I did go by and check this out and all I will say is that I wasn't that impressed so decided not to comment on it although the owner did stop by to see me but I want to go on someone else thoughts who has tried it out and will comment on their experience - just my own thoughts

Edited by snelsonbrown

Hello my friend,

I did go by and check this out and all I will say is that I wasn't that impressed so decided not to comment on it although the owner did stop by to see me but I want to go on someone else thoughts who has tried it out and will comment on their experience - just my own thoughts

I am sure we will here more from the cruisers.

OK - City of Cocoa Beach is VERY serious if you run red lights regardless of the situation

Already over 1000 tickets for $158.00 has been issued for running these lights especially the one located next to Holiday Inn Express and Publix - the city means business so please save yourself some headaches and watch those traffic lights ok/

Just trying to save you some monies and problems :)

IF you will be in town from April 1st through the 3rd and looking for something to do especially if there are kids, Our Savior's Church on A1A is having a Spring Fling on their grounds which will offer fun rides, food, entertainment and a lot more -

Keep checking out their website for more information

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.oursavioursparish.org/

I was wondering if anyone how lives down there or remembers from being there I'm trying to remember a place to go for breakfast that was maybe a block or two from the Radisson in on astronaut blvd??

thanks tom

You must mean Zacharys. Its the only actual restaurant and its almost next door. Good food.

I am planning on renting a car (and thanks for the info at the beginning of this thread!) just for the day at Port Canaveral. I need something that will hold six, so probably a minivan.

I like to book online, so convenient usually, but it seems all the car rental places close much earlier than I would like to return the van. Do I need to call each agency that I am seeing a decent price with and see IF they have a "leave the keys in and go" and if they do have that, then I need to factor in a cab ride from the drop off?

Can you summarize which agencies have "after hours" rental returns for me?

I have a temporary hold with Budget, the best rate I could get for a van, so I guess that is the one I am most interested in (and hoping I can do a drop off return!)

I am planning on renting a car (and thanks for the info at the beginning of this thread!) just for the day at Port Canaveral. I need something that will hold six, so probably a minivan.

I like to book online, so convenient usually, but it seems all the car rental places close much earlier than I would like to return the van. Do I need to call each agency that I am seeing a decent price with and see IF they have a "leave the keys in and go" and if they do have that, then I need to factor in a cab ride from the drop off?

Can you summarize which agencies have "after hours" rental returns for me?

I have a temporary hold with Budget, the best rate I could get for a van, so I guess that is the one I am most interested in (and hoping I can do a drop off return!)

I can only confirm Avis has a drop box. I suggest you call Budget. (321) 784-0634

I can only confirm Avis has a drop box. I suggest you call Budget. (321) 784-0634

Thanks! I am glad I called since somehow I picked Sunday instead of MONDAY to reserve for (and that gives me a couple more hours of open time, too). Budget (on Monday) is open until six, but they run a shuttle back to the pier until eight, so we are good!

Incidentally, they only had my ship (NCL Jewel) arriving on Tuesdays, but we are definitely arriving on Monday.:confused:

Thanks! I am glad I called since somehow I picked Sunday instead of MONDAY to reserve for (and that gives me a couple more hours of open time, too). Budget (on Monday) is open until six, but they run a shuttle back to the pier until eight, so we are good!

Incidentally, they only had my ship (NCL Jewel) arriving on Tuesdays, but we are definitely arriving on Monday.:confused:

Interesting!