The NEW I Work in Port Canaveral Thread!

psblin99

Hey Star - I love IHOP and go there usually on Sunday for their breakfast also if you will ask for Libby the owner and tell her you are off this board, she also will give you a treat for doing so.

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey THANKS Shirley, will be sure to ask for Libby!!

THIS THREAD is the BEST on CC...YOU & PRESTON did and DO a GREAT JOB...all Departure cities should have something like this...GREAT info and YA'ALL are so knowledgable and ALWAYS WILLING to HELP!!

THANKS AGAIN;)

Edited by STARFISH*4

Good morning Shirley and Preston. We will be in there Sept 5th and staying till the 20th. Cruising on the Dream the 10th and we are staying at our favorite place, The Raddison. Cant wait to see u all. Shirley we will be by to see u and Norm, as always when we come in. Have been in contact with JoeP from the Raddison, he never seems to amaze us. He said he figured we would be coming in shortly. Really a Great person and friend. See u soon, Berna and Larry

Edited by Puglove03

Good morning Shirley and Preston. We will be in there Sept 5th and staying till the 20th. Cruising on the Dream the 10th and we are staying at our favorite place, The Raddison. Cant wait to see u all. Shirley we will be by to see u and Norm, as always when we come in. Have been in contact with JoeP from the Raddison, he never seems to amaze us. He said he figured we would be coming in shortly. Really a Great person and friend. See u soon, Berna and Larry

Berna really looking forward to seeing you and Larry again - make sure to call or stop by.

Hugssssssssss

me

hello folks

is it a problem to catch a rentalcar post-cruise with a reserve from a travel agence because a lot of people coming of a cruise in a short period .

UPDATE ON THE 2 GAS STATIONS THAT HAVE BEEN GOUGING OUR VISITORS:

Sun Gas Express and Suncoast Energy's gas stations, that are both close to the airport, were found guilty of NOT posting their price per gallon on gas and if they keep refusing to post their prices in a visual site, the fine will be $250.00 a day - Their charges are $5.99 per gallon and you are not aware until you get to the pumps - There have been so many complains that these companies have been allowed to gouge our visitors for years and nothing had been done to stop them. Finally someone did something about these 2 stations - you can find a station just a few blocks up from them with reasonable prices so please be aware OK?

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!

http://search.aol.com/aol/search?query=gas+stations+in+zip+code+32812&s_it=keyword_rollover

Edited by snelsonbrown

Shirley are these the stations that require you to put your zip code in and if you aren't local they charge you a much higher rate? We had this happen a couple of years ago but cancelled the transaction when we -luckily- noticed the unbelievable per gallon rate. Thanks for putting the word out.

hello folks

is it a problem to catch a rentalcar post-cruise with a reserve from a travel agence because a lot of people coming of a cruise in a short period .

Its not bad might be a little busy but they do it almost every day!

Shirley are these the stations that require you to put your zip code in and if you aren't local they charge you a much higher rate? We had this happen a couple of years ago but cancelled the transaction when we -luckily- noticed the unbelievable per gallon rate. Thanks for putting the word out.

These 2 companies have been gouging our visitors for years and they fought the city with tooth and nail against having to advertise their prices for gas - they have gone up as high at 7.99 a gal and noone would do anything about them - I know I called them several years ago to "protest" and the manager told me it was none of my business and if I kept up my "harssment", they would take action against me:( - one phone call created one angry manager - anyhow the city of Orlando will bring charges against those particular 2 if they do not display their prices where our visitors can see them BEFORE they enter their stations. Lets hope they take heed.

Hello I would like to introduce our new General Manager at Country Inn & Suites - Super nice guy - his name is Edward (Ed) Kortum and you are most welcomed to drop him a note if you have any questions etc - his email address is ed.kortum@olivercos.com

He welcomes your email

Just thought I would share - its great when you have email addresses when you have a concern, question etc

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello! We will be staying one night pre-cruise at the Radisson the port. Is there someplace within walking distance to eat dinner?

Thanks for your help!

Hello Mapomp - right next door is Zackery's which is a mom and pop owned - Kelsey's pizza on the South side - if you will click right above my name, it will give you more information as to the places closes to the Radisson - not many choices, but they are nice and clean

I just thought to share this information with those that are interested in hair braiding - I went with my granddaughter to get her hair done and if I had been younger, I would be here at work today looking different - anyhow just a fleeing thought and Kim was great

http://www.shorethingofcocoabeach.net/

Sorry to bother with a quick question. Am I understanding a previous post correctly, about tolls on Rt. 528 from MCO to Cape Canaveral? I think it says that there is only one toll stop, and that we can use cash to pay for the toll at the toll booth. I'd rather not pay the rental car company a surcharge for using the Easy Pass if I don't have to, you know?

Thanks in advance - and I've gotten lots of great help from this thread!

Sorry to bother with a quick question. Am I understanding a previous post correctly, about tolls on Rt. 528 from MCO to Cape Canaveral? I think it says that there is only one toll stop, and that we can use cash to pay for the toll at the toll booth. I'd rather not pay the rental car company a surcharge for using the Easy Pass if I don't have to, you know?

Thanks in advance - and I've gotten lots of great help from this thread!

Just one toll of $1.25 so do NOT get the Easy Pass - don't need it and yes you can use cash - they prefer it:)

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And if they haven't changed the system since last October, take 4 quarters as the exact change/throw it in the hopper line was much shorter....we prob lost five minutes waiting in the not exact change line. Also be advised if you need to do any other exits around Orlando, some of the exit ramps are unmanned and you MUST have quarters.

Wow, these one way rental cars are brutal with the drop off fees. $75 is the least expensive I've seen for a two hour rental. Are the shared ride companies better?

I don't have a drop off charge with budget and didn't last year with avis

Hmm, that seems a little high. We're paying $54 from MCO to PC, picking up Friday eve, drop off Sat morning for a mid-size. Return trip is $67 for a mini van from PC to MCO, just a four hour or so rental period. Both of those prices are on-line, but NOT prepaid, with Budget.

Maybe the Sunday rates are higher?

Hmm, that seems a little high. We're paying $54 from MCO to PC, picking up Friday eve, drop off Sat morning for a mid-size. Return trip is $67 for a mini van from PC to MCO, just a four hour or so rental period. Both of those prices are on-line, but NOT prepaid, with Budget.

Maybe the Sunday rates are higher?

Yeah, it does. I'm just going to go with a private car. I can get a round trip for $150 for up to 4 people. Same as the rental car, but don't have to pick up the car or deal with gas stations. I figure what we would spend on gas will go towards the gratuity.

Edited by croosieloosie