Mini Suite - Breakfast at Aqua?

bernnj

Sailing on the Dawn next month and wondered if those in mini-suites have opportunity to have breakfast at Aqua. We had an AB suite last year on the Pearl and had breakfast at Cagneys. Will miss that:( But wondered if we could have breakfast at Aqua?

someone said it was discontinued so I called NCL yesterday and they told me no it is still in effect. So it is a wait and see situation I think.

I will be very disappointed if it has been discontinued. This is one of those perks that is not really costing them extra and makes it nice for those in balconies and mini suites.

It was not in effect for our 8/30/09 sailing on the Dawn to Bermuda.( One of the things we were looking forward to ). When I inquired about it on the ship I was told they had ended it. Don't worry though we had no problems using the main dinning room for breakfast, hardly any wait if any. The majority of cruisers ate at the buffet for breakfast.

someone said it was discontinued so I called NCL yesterday and they told me no it is still in effect. So it is a wait and see situation I think.

I will be very disappointed if it has been discontinued. This is one of those perks that is not really costing them extra and makes it nice for those in balconies and mini suites.

Another example of a misinformed customer service rep. This was discontinued months ago.

:( Disappointed to hear that Aqua will not be available to us for breakfast. Got so spoiled last year on the Pearl with having breakfast at Cagneys. My daughter said the last time her family was in a mini suite they had just started this. They have been in both penthouse and mini-suites with their two children. Having breakfast at Aqua was giving my parents and I another option than the dining room and buffet. Will certainly miss the penthouse perks !!

A few notes.

Eating at Aqua and eating at Cagneys should not be compared. Not even close.

FULL suite passengers can eat breakfast and lunch at Cagneys. Not so for Mini-suites.

There was a time when balcony and mini suite could eat in the smaller of the two MDR - Main Dining Rooms. Since almost half the ship is balcony and mini-suite, and the food was almost the same, I never understood that perk in the first place. In any event, they stopped doing it.

Everyone on the ship can eat in the MDR for breakfast, or the buffet, or lighter fare via room service. Also, sometimes the "great outdoors" has buffet style breakfast. Depending on which ship, there will be various food stations to get eggs or waffles cooked to order along with all the other buffet items.

A few notes.

Eating at Aqua and eating at Cagneys should not be compared. Not even close.

FULL suite passengers can eat breakfast and lunch at Cagneys. Not so for Mini-suites.

There was a time when balcony and mini suite could eat in the smaller of the two MDR - Main Dining Rooms. Since almost half the ship is balcony and mini-suite, and the food was almost the same, I never understood that perk in the first place. In any event, they stopped doing it.

Everyone on the ship can eat in the MDR for breakfast, or the buffet, or lighter fare via room service. Also, sometimes the "great outdoors" has buffet style breakfast. Depending on which ship, there will be various food stations to get eggs or waffles cooked to order along with all the other buffet items.

The value of the perk was being able to avoid the crowds in the buffet and the often slow service in the larger MDR. It was also a combination self service/waiter service operation so you got the best of both the buffet and dining room worlds.

The value of the perk was being able to avoid the crowds in the buffet and the often slow service in the larger MDR. It was also a combination self service/waiter service operation so you got the best of both the buffet and dining room worlds.

Thank you njhorseman.

That was exactly what my daughter stated when they were in the mini-suite and not the penthouse and they usually ate their breakfast there rather than the dining room or buffet.

Archived