DH has changed his mind about wanting to take a suit...

globalwife

My husband has agreed all along he would dress up for formal night. We are going on a 7 night cruise but there is only one formal (Gala) night. Now we are packing up since we leave Friday morning for our flight to port and DH is now telling me he plans to wear Khakis and a blue jacket with a tie on formal night. I'm still going to wear my nice back dress. Is he making a mistake or will he be just fine? Neither of us have cruised before. We are cruising with Pullmantur and their policy states the following:

Most people think that you must be impeccably dressed at all times while onboard. The Gala Dinner is a special occasion so women can wear an cocktail dress or a suit, and men can wear suit and tie. You can also dress a bit more casually, however please note that bathing suits or shorts are not allowed in our dining areas after 7:00 p.m.

Will he be fine??? He has a suit but just doesn't want to pack it because he would then have to pack a pair of black shoes also.

............. men can wear suit and tie. You can also dress a bit more casually,....................

Will he be fine??? He has a suit but just doesn't want to pack it because he would then have to pack a pair of black shoes also.

He will be fine. A blue blazer and khakis is a good choice. DH wore a blue blazer and new khakis on HAL. The big deal breaker for me is not having to lug an extra pair of shoes and pants that he will only wear once.

The key is...would be accetable to wear to a wedding? If the answer is yes, then go for it.

Archived