Pre Cruise Hotel reservation

dv71617

I'm going with RCCL.

I tried to book a cruise in march 2010 as well as another one

in september 2010.

In both case the RCCL web site did not offer me a pre cruise hotel booking.

??

More information is needed, specifically the location where you are seeking to stay prior to your cruise. Sometimes contracts with local hotels are still being negotiated but a quick call by your TA or by yourself if you are booking directly should net you the necessary information. You should be aware that often RCI charges a per person rate rather than a per room rate for hotel rooms and, even when you factor in the cost of transfers that are included in their price, you might do better booking the same hotel on your own and making your own transfer arrangements.:)

I don't like the recent change they have made for pre and post cruise hotels. They no longer list the hotels and charges as they used to and you have to call to get the prices as they are not shown for the specific hotels. Just another change to make it more difficult to make your plans.

Salut,

I see what you mean.... I just tried a dummy booking for my current cruise and the option to request a hotel pre cruise is no longer offered.... I'm sure I've seen it before.....

It had always been there before--for years! Now you have to search out the city to see the hotels and then call for the price of each hotel. Makes it much less desirable for me to book with them now.

We were very interested in all the comments about precruise hotel reservations. Have tried several times to arrange for pre and post leaving out of Rome and our agent keeps telling us they have not completed hotel contracts.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. What happened to the "one stop" complete service of RCCL.

Archived