Galley tours

cruzin43

Does anyone know if carnival is offering galley tours or tours of the bridge? maybe some of their ships offer them and some dont.We will be on the triumph in july and thought this would be a fun tour if it is offered. If it is offered any idea of the cost?

Most ships do offer the Behind the Fun tour for $95 pp. It is usually offered on the last sea day. I have not taken it, but I heard that it is cool and you get to tour the galley and other behind the scene spots. It is limited to a few people, so you would have to sign up fast if interested. If I am not mistaken, you also tour the bridge.

For the most part on most lines, if you're a frequent cruiser and attain a certain level in their club, they offer tours of the galley. But, for security reasons most lines have stopped giving bridge tours, with the exception of those who are in the most expensive suite or their very frequent cruisers. Some lines offer tours for a price. I haven't been on Carnival in about 4 years, so things might be different.

Carnival has done the galley tour on every cruise I have been on. It's not that big of a deal, they walk you through the areas and put out a bunch of displays at the different stations. It is usually done miday on a seaday, very crowded and free. Of course there is a sales pitch involved at the end. I think cookbook and the towel folding books...

Most ships do offer the Behind the Fun tour for $95 pp. It is usually offered on the last sea day. I have not taken it, but I heard that it is cool and you get to tour the galley and other behind the scene spots. It is limited to a few people, so you would have to sign up fast if interested. If I am not mistaken, you also tour the bridge.

EXCELLENT Tour! We purchased this for our parents for Christmas on the Dream. You do visit the bridge and have pics taken w/the Captain, you meet the chef and are served some treats, tour the galley, laundry facilities, and other "crew only" areas. The tour is limited to 16 guests and you can't purchase in advance. We went to the shore excursion desk immediately upon boarding and it was sold out. We waitlisted and they ended up adding a second tour. They also received ball caps, back packs and a couple of other gifts. They loved it and we wished we had joined them.

EXCELLENT Tour! We purchased this for our parents for Christmas on the Dream. You do visit the bridge and have pics taken w/the Captain, you meet the chef and are served some treats, tour the galley, laundry facilities, and other "crew only" areas. The tour is limited to 16 guests and you can't purchase in advance. We went to the shore excursion desk immediately upon boarding and it was sold out. We waitlisted and they ended up adding a second tour. They also received ball caps, back packs and a couple of other gifts. They loved it and we wished we had joined them.

Was the cost $95 pp?

I remember on our most recent cruise on Carnival, they said that they have a member of security with the group during the tour of the bridge and that is why they are able to tour the bridge.

Carnival security = Paul Blart........

Archived