Which one to take

beckvanr

I am travelling to Greece in June with my partner and my parents. We are looking at taking a cruise around the greek islands and due to budget constraints we will be chosing between Louis Cruises or East cruises. We are going on a 4 night cruise, but I have been unable to find many/any recent reviews on either cruise line.

As we are travelling with 2 people in thier 20's and 2 people in their 50's we are trying to find as much info as possible to make sure everyone is happy.

Has anyone got any information ideas?

You will not find many people on Cruise Critic familiar with those lines. I, personally6, have never heard of 'East'. Louis is based out of Cyprus, and do not market outside of Europe. My acquaintance with them comes from a group tour of greece that included a four day cruise, on a Louis ship. The ship was very small, amenities almost non-existent, but the food and service in the dining room were wonderful. Greek island cruises are very port intensive...We did six in four days...So the ship was not a big deal. EM

I am travelling to Greece in June with my partner and my parents. We are looking at taking a cruise around the greek islands and due to budget constraints we will be chosing between Louis Cruises or East cruises. We are going on a 4 night cruise, but I have been unable to find many/any recent reviews on either cruise line.

As we are travelling with 2 people in thier 20's and 2 people in their 50's we are trying to find as much info as possible to make sure everyone is happy.

Has anyone got any information ideas?

You might want to post your question in the Greece ports of call forum. There was someone in Greece that posted and answered questions occasionally. Here's a link to that forum:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=30&f=594

You should also search these lines on Trip Advisor. You can find lots of info and feedback there.

I agree with Essiesmom- Louis ships are small, old and without any of the glitz of the new ships, but have amazing itineraries. We have had a week aboard, with a large group of musicians. It was port intensive, with people from all nations on board. We would go again, but the ships are not for everyone.-jocap.

Archived