Who has lowest/reduced rates for infant under 2 in stateroom?

jessgmann

Does anyone know who is most affordable when it comes to how much they charge for the 3rd person in a stateroom? Specifically- if anyone discounts if it is infant?

We are trying to plan to sail with my 1 yo DD this summer and trying to do some comparisons!

Thanks!!

Not sure about the other cruise lines. (I have only cruised with NCL because I have kids.) If the child is under 2 yrs old then all you pay are taxes and port fees for the child. I think it cost me like $150 for my son when we did a carribbean cruise in 2007.

Here is something else: The stateroom you book must be able to accomodate 3 people regardless of age. In my case we had to get a stateroom for 4 even though my son was 1 yr old and didn't actually have a rate for the cruise. I hope this makes sense:rolleyes:

Just to clarify. In any of the above mentioned cruise lines that have kids go for free you still have to pay taxes and port fees for each child. NCL's policy is that if the child is under 2 yrs old they are always free. It doesn't matter the dates, or ship, or itinerary.

Your best bet is to price out completely all the cruises sailing out of the port you want to go out of at the time. You can do this on any travel website just pretend like you are booking until you get the price. We sail Carnival and although the kids dont sail free it works out cheaper overall because the first/second passenger rates are much lower. We generally pay about 200-250 for the kids and 600-800 for the adults in a balcony cabin.

Just to clarify. In any of the above mentioned cruise lines that have kids go for free you still have to pay taxes and port fees for each child. NCL's policy is that if the child is under 2 yrs old they are always free. It doesn't matter the dates, or ship, or itinerary.

And Gratuities. Th stewards work hard for their money.

We are paying $150 plus port charges and taxes for our 13th month old on the EPIC.

NCL's Official Policy is:

Do children cruise for free?

Kids under two cruise at a substantially reduced fare and certain itineraries offer specials on 3rd and 4th guests in the same stateroom. Infants under six months of age are not eligible for travel on NCL ships.

Archived