Getting from Zeebrugge to Brugge

Pearl64

We will be sailing on the Regatta in mid August. We are scheduled to dock at the Zeebrugge Ferry Port-Leopold II Dam Berth 103. I have heard that transportation into Brugge is expensive. I have also read about those who walked to the train station but some said it was a very congested road and would reconsider other ways to get to town. Can we walk to the train station? I also read that there is a tram that will take one from the port to the train station but I can find nothing about that. Lair Bear, I have seen some of your points but that was before your trip. What do you suggest? Since we will not have luggage, we do not mind walking even in the rain.

Just trying to get a handle on how to get from point a to point b.

Pearl

Pearl: After reading all the info on trains/trams/ etc. to get the few miles to Brugges, I have hired a firm to take 8 of us to Brugges. They will pick us up right at the ship and take us there and pick us up at a time of our choice for return trip for 11 euros per person. It is only a couple of euros more than other ways, but the convenience sure seems worth it to me!

"From: Receptie Brugse Taxi Service receptie@brugsetaxiservice.be

The price for a returntrip is 90€ and we have mini-vans for up to 8 persons.

Can you let us know how late we have to pick you up so we can confirm your booking.

Kind regards,

Matthijs Baeye

Reception BTS"

Amy

Thanks rusticfurnituremaker. I got eight people to take the taxi service from Zeebrugge to Brugge. I had seen an earlier post of someone biking their way to Brugge. I mentioned it to my husband. He jumped on the taxi idea. I think he thought I was really serious about the bikes. I think it would be fun for a couple of miles--not sure about 40!

Again, thanks. The taxi does make more sense for not a lot more.

Pearl

We used this taxi company also. They were at the pier waiting for us and back to pick us up in Brugge at the agreed time and place. Very reliable. Just to let you know, when we used them, the driver wanted the first payment on arrival in Brugge (45 euros). I wasn't told that up front and we had a little confusion coming up with the right amount of euros when he dropped us off in Brugge. Seven people were splitting the cost.

We used that taxi service as well in 2008 and will use them again in May. Very prompt and reliable and we shared the van with other cruisers and will again to split the cost. I believe they only have 3 vans, though, so first come first serve, otherwise a regular taxi is always available.

We used that taxi service as well in 2008 and will use them again in May. Very prompt and reliable and we shared the van with other cruisers and will again to split the cost. I believe they only have 3 vans, though, so first come first serve, otherwise a regular taxi is always available.

Joyce, from the Eclipse roll call, you will recall we are on the same ship. Thanks for recommending Woodford - I have firmed up my booking with Cheryl for transport between Heathrow and Southampton. Regarding Brugges, my group of 6 would like to join you if you still have room. Appreciate your reply. James

Joyce, from the Eclipse roll call, you will recall we are on the same ship. Thanks for recommending Woodford - I have firmed up my booking with Cheryl for transport between Heathrow and Southampton. Regarding Brugges, my group of 6 would like to join you if you still have room. Appreciate your reply. James

We would love to share the van with you, James, but it was filled months ago with people from our roll call. If anything changes, I will certainly let you know.

Glad to hear that you chose to go with Woodford as I think you will be very pleased with their service. I can't say enough good things about them.

We would love to share the van with you, James, but it was filled months ago with people from our roll call. If anything changes, I will certainly let you know.

Glad to hear that you chose to go with Woodford as I think you will be very pleased with their service. I can't say enough good things about them.

Hi Joyce and Randy. Hope alls well with you. You have no sense of adventure!! Jane and I are going to do the tram to Blankenberg and train to Bruges. Much more fun that sitting in a taxi!!!

Simon

PS The Lone Rangers horse was Silver, but.....

Hi Joyce and Randy. Hope alls well with you. You have no sense of adventure!! Jane and I are going to do the tram to Blankenberg and train to Bruges. Much more fun that sitting in a taxi!!!

Simon

PS The Lone Rangers horse was Silver, but.....

What a chuckle you gave me, Simon! We are having storm system #3 at the moment (all this week) with major flooding, so you brightened my dreary day! Hope you got your land legs back after being on the water so long. Wish you were on our cruise instead of the date you chose. We miss you and Jane! You definitely are more adventurous than we are. We are just doing the same thing we did in 2008 as far as the taxi van, though we were not the ones to reserve it last time, just participants. Can't wait to have the Brugges chocolate, frites, and crepes high. I think we will pass on the waffles this time as we don't have a full day there-sigh!:D:eek:

Joyce

Archived