Opinions on which itinerary

isleschick3

We are planning a cruise for Jan 2011 and are having a hard time picking which itinerary we want and would love any opinions. We have done 2 eastern Caribbean cruises and loved them both. This will be our first cruise with our daughter (who will be 2 1/2 then). Both of the cruises are on the Liberty, but one is a Western to Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and Jamaica. The other is an eastern to Half Moon Cay, St. Thomas, San Juan, and Grand Turk. The only port we have already been to is St. Thomas. Thanks!

We are planning a cruise for Jan 2011 and are having a hard time picking which itinerary we want and would love any opinions. We have done 2 eastern Caribbean cruises and loved them both. This will be our first cruise with our daughter (who will be 2 1/2 then). Both of the cruises are on the Liberty, but one is a Western to Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and Jamaica. The other is an eastern to Half Moon Cay, St. Thomas, San Juan, and Grand Turk. The only port we have already been to is St. Thomas. Thanks!

I would actually choose the Eastern route because though I haven't been to HMC I hear that it's great. I love St. Thomas and I was just in Grand Turk and the pool and beach there is a wonderful way to spend the day for really cheap.

I don't care for Jamaica and never get off the ship there anymore, and I don't often get off the ship in Grand Cayman because it's a tender port, very expensive and I've been there 10 or 11 times.

We are doing Liberty Eastern for the simple fact out friends are bringing there little guys, 2 (almost 3) and 5.5. My kids are older 9 and 14. But we figure HMC and Grand Turks we can get by as beach days the kids will love those. We can rent a Cabana in HMC if the little ones need a break or a nap. GT is not a tender so if they need a break they can easily walk back to the ship. So right there 2 of the ports should be kid friendly.

San jaun we are going to the forts so all 4 kids and run wild. Another cheap and easy day.

St Thomas we hired Sunny Liston so we will get to shop for a bit get a car tour and then a few hours at the beach. I think the little ones will tolerate this well.

We where going to do the Western until our friends showed interest. I just dont know if those where great stops for kids so small. But I'm sure we would of been fine.

Although I LOVE Cozumel, I would recommend the Eastern itinerary.

Ditto.

While I have done more western itineraries, and also love Cozumel, I would have to say that I would go for the eastern itinerary. I would love to go to Grand Turk and HMC! Also St Thomas/St John is great!:)

To be honest... I would look at this deal from Celebrity Solstice

Departs From Ft. Lauderdale, Florida visiting San Juan, Puerto Rico; Philipsburg, St. Maarten; Road Town, Tortola, B.V.I.; Labadee (Cruiseline Private Island)

I would have booked this cruise but did not find it before I made reservations with the Carnival Miracle.

What are you looking to do? Are you looking to hit the beaches? Are you looking for excursions and cultural stuff?

Thanks for all of your opinions. I was leaning toward eastern and guys helped me make that decision. We are taking a couple of people with us that have never been on a cruise and I know they will like the eastern Caribbean. The one thing I was looking forward to though was a whole day, 8am - 10pm, in Cozumel. The days always go too quickly whether on the ship or not.

Archived