Ventura Few questions

soletread

Hello one and all

My wife and I have just booked a deal on the Ventura for Sept 4th Departure cruise N023 Spain,Portugal & France

We had decided not to cruise this year (Apart from a little 3 nighter on the Azura in Oct) and had booked a resort package but after an airport error by the agent and looking at the prices we have yet again returned to Cruising as we love it so much and feel its great value

We have cruised 9 times before with Celebrity, MSC and Cunard a number of times with P&O including the Aurora, Artemis and twice on the Arcadia

We love the Arcadia becuase she is child free (yes I know your saying why the hell had he booked the Ventura then)

As I said it was basically exactly the dates we required I liked the sound of the ports of call and it was great deal for an outside JG cabin with balcony.

Couple of questions:

I accept there will be kids possible lots of them but due to the time of year and the ports of call do you think it will be over run with kids?

Is there an adults only pool area on board Ventura? I'm sure I have read there is some where

Where is the best spot to sit on open deck for a little peace and quite on such a large ship or in fact is there any where?

We are trying Freedom dining for the first time if you would like a table for two people how long should we expect to wait on avreage to get a table

I'm appoaching this with an open mind as we alway like to try new ships just trying to get some inside information before we sail

Thanks

Soletread

Yes, there is an adult only pool, this is located by the Spa. It is not a very big pool, but we used this pool everyday, and tended to be lucky enough to get sunbeds around this area too. It was far enough away from the main pool and the PA quizzes and children playing in the bigger pools.

For real peace and enjoyment, our balcony was heaven! We were on C deck, and therefore having the larger balcony.

Havent done freedom dining, so cant help you there!

Have a lovely cruise!

Jenni

Went on Ventura end of August last year for a 2 nighter to Bruges and I have to be honest i hardly noticed the kids, The main pool was full of adults, there were a few kids onboard but i hardly noticed them, even when i came to dinner.

She didn't feel that big to me, i was able to find myself pretty easily around the ship and i am one of those that can get lost in my own town that i have lived in for years :)

There are pleanty of places to sit but I found on our balcony was the best place, we sat out until 2 in the morning on our balcony watching the lights on the cost of france go past :)

CK x

Yes, there is an adult only pool, this is located by the Spa. It is not a very big pool, but we used this pool everyday, and tended to be lucky enough to get sunbeds around this area too. It was far enough away from the main pool and the PA quizzes and children playing in the bigger pools.

For real peace and enjoyment, our balcony was heaven! We were on C deck, and therefore having the larger balcony.

Havent done freedom dining, so cant help you there!

Have a lovely cruise!

Jenni

Thanks for that I did wonder if it was the pool by the Spa but was not sure if there would be sunbeds around that pool sounds great

We are in a Balcony Cabin on C deck in C214 so as you say we always have that as little retreat

Looking forward to trying the Ventura as she has received such mix reviews its good to be able to make your own judgements

Hello Soletread

Sept 4th shouldn't be too bad, as its the first week back to school, and most parents won't want their children to miss the first week back in a new school or new school year, which is the time they make new friends. So hopefully there shouldn't be loads of children onboard, but there could be younger ones under 5.

You may know I have been on Ventura for a weekender, I took some photos of the ship, including our balcony cabin which you may be interested in seeing. Lovely walk-in wardrobe on this ship.

link here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/AuroraPartyCruiseSueV/VenturaWeekenderSept08#5245864955322613842

We were on Ventura in the Caribbean over Christmas when there were 433 children on board out of 3091 passengers (according to reception). We probably saw a dozen! One lady brought an over-tired tantrumming 4-year old into the theatre for the 9 o'clock performance one night, otherwise no problems.

The Oasis pool by the spa at the bow and the pool right at the stern outside the Beach House/Waterside buffet restaurant are adult-only. There are more sunbeds at the bow end and it is quieter.

We too had a C-deck balcony and it was lovely. We could sit under the over-hang from the B-deck balconies and no-one could see us at all. Great for the (topless!) sunbathing! We had drinks in the fridge and could really relax.

Never tried Freedom dining as such, but we did go to Ramblas one night. You can't book, and need to be there by 7.30 to be sure of a table. The food was superb, but unfortunately the service left a lot to be desired. There is a cover charge of £5 each.

Carol x

Hello Soletread

Sept 4th shouldn't be too bad, as its the first week back to school, and most parents won't want their children to miss the first week back in a new school or new school year, which is the time they make new friends. So hopefully there shouldn't be loads of children onboard, but there could be younger ones under 5.

You may know I have been on Ventura for a weekender, I took some photos of the ship, including our balcony cabin which you may be interested in seeing. Lovely walk-in wardrobe on this ship.

link here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/AuroraPartyCruiseSueV/VenturaWeekenderSept08#5245864955322613842

Hi Sue

Nice to chat again I haven't been on line for a while

Thanks for posting the images have viewed them before but always good to look again I'm really excited about trying the Ventura now especially as we had not planned a full cruise this year only our little weekender on the Azura to try her out in October

The trip on the ventura will come around quick I think as we normally book as soon as cruises go on sale to get the best deal

We are waiting for the 2011 offers now as we want to try the Celebrity Eclipse and another sail on Arcadia (Our Fav P&O) in 2011

Have you got many sailings planned

Ian

We were on Ventura in the Caribbean over Christmas when there were 433 children on board out of 3091 passengers (according to reception). We probably saw a dozen! One lady brought an over-tired tantrumming 4-year old into the theatre for the 9 o'clock performance one night, otherwise no problems.

The Oasis pool by the spa at the bow and the pool right at the stern outside the Beach House/Waterside buffet restaurant are adult-only. There are more sunbeds at the bow end and it is quieter.

We too had a C-deck balcony and it was lovely. We could sit under the over-hang from the B-deck balconies and no-one could see us at all. Great for the (topless!) sunbathing! We had drinks in the fridge and could really relax.

Never tried Freedom dining as such, but we did go to Ramblas one night. You can't book, and need to be there by 7.30 to be sure of a table. The food was superb, but unfortunately the service left a lot to be desired. There is a cover charge of £5 each.

Carol x

Thanks Carol

Thats great news reference the aft Terrace pool also being child free a great location as well

Do they police the child free pool areas policy very much

Ian

We've sailed twice on Ventura. We like peace and quiet but have a teenage daughter and the Ventura suited us all.

We found secluded areas without difficulty.

Freedom dining was great for us as it doesn't dictate a time to eat, also we could decide for ourselves if we wanted to dine alone or with others and we weren't saddled with people whom we didn't get on with.

Glad to see you are going to approach it with an open mind.

We did and we thoroughly enjoyed both cruises.

Have a great time.

Soletread,

We have sailed on Ventura, twice and last time tried Freedom Dining. Love every thing about it. We usually went down about 8pm and asked for a table for two, we got one everytime. Sometimes they gave us a Pager but the wait was no more than 15 mins. In fact we had the whole cruise with the same waiter and busboy just a few table apart each time.

Enjoy your cruise, I am sure you will.

Archived