Hey gang, A deck question

Mr. Y

The water in the cups is so when the ping pong ball lands in the dirt (if you're playing outside or in someone's garage) you don't drink the water...instead you drink from the beer can/bottle/other adult beverage in your hand. If you have beer in the cups, then you have a cup of water that you use to "clean" the ball instead. If the ball makes it into a cup, you remove the ball and drink the beer...in the other version, you just remove the cup from play and drink from what's in your hand. I like the water version better because I think it's more sanitary!

Quarters is in fact a different game where the goal is still to get a quarter (or I suppose you could use a bottle cap) in a cup. Totally different from Beer Pong/Beruit.

Ironically, I honestly don't drink that much...migraines... I was always the DD, so I know all the rules :)

There's always Flip Cup too!

The water in the cups is so when the ping pong ball lands in the dirt (if you're playing outside or in someone's garage) you don't drink the water...instead you drink from the beer can/bottle/other adult beverage in your hand. If you have beer in the cups, then you have a cup of water that you use to "clean" the ball instead. If the ball makes it into a cup, you remove the ball and drink the beer...in the other version, you just remove the cup from play and drink from what's in your hand. I like the water version better because I think it's more sanitary!

Quarters is in fact a different game where the goal is still to get a quarter (or I suppose you could use a bottle cap) in a cup. Totally different from Beer Pong/Beruit.

Ironically, I honestly don't drink that much...migraines... I was always the DD, so I know all the rules :)

There's always Flip Cup too!

Kate228----color me stupid, but if you keep dipping the ping pong ball in the same cup of water.....wouldnt the water become contaminated?

Hey Gang.

One more question. My nephew was wondering if he can bring a game on deck to play with his friends. I don't know too much about this, but he explained it to me. He said the game is on a table, sort of like a ping pong table, and they line cups up with water in it. Then they have a team of two on each side that try to throw ping pongs in the cup of water. Obviously the point is to get all the ping pongs in the cup of water before your opponent does.

He said he got the table off a website and it shouldn't take up too much space. Anyone know if you bring something like that on deck?

Thanks Gang.

My son and his friends played beer pong on the ping pong table while on The Glory. It was later at night and he even said the security guy watched them play LOL:rolleyes: Just tell him to bring 160z Solo cups forget the table

Kate228----color me stupid, but if you keep dipping the ping pong ball in the same cup of water.....wouldnt the water become contaminated?

Don't worry - alcohol will kill germs and besides after a while whose going to care - I take it you have never played this game. My son's friends were at our camp for a big baseball tournament one weekend and they talked me into doing the funnel and I am 56 - just an over blown kid.

No problemo, he should also consider bringing on board a billiards table with him and perhaps full size jukebox.

Tell him here's the deal, he can play his game as long as the cups are filled with water from the pool. No worry then about them drinking what's in the cups.

BTW, in Vegas they have areas in some of the casinsos set aside for nothing but beer pong. Mostly played by college aged crowd but I've been known to partake.:eek: And win.

Don't forget the vintage donkey kong arcade game, I mean how could he live without it a week?

I'd tell the nephew to use a table already there, and go to a empty bar to play so they aren't disturbing everyone. But that's me.

Cheers, Carole

Hey Gang.

I talked to my nephew and he reassured me that he plans on playing this game with water so I won't have to worry about his gang. I told him it will be OK to bring the table and set up on the deck.

Thanks Gang.

I actually don't think it will be okay to bring it and set it up on the deck. Carnival restricts most pool toys and stuff so I'm betting that a game that is larger than a board game might be prohibited.

Besides if you are outside there is quite a breeze and the ping pong balls will be blowing all over the place and possibly overboard and I'm pretty sure security is going to have a problem with it.

Not to mention the amount of space required, the outside decks are pretty packed with sunbathers and folks eating and such.

Yes. And that's why it's gross. But boys don't think like that.

Don't worry - alcohol will kill germs and besides after a while whose going to care - I take it you have never played this game. My son's friends were at our camp for a big baseball tournament one weekend and they talked me into doing the funnel and I am 56 - just an over blown kid.

Haha, they always say that, but it's Beer, not Vodka. Eh, I know it's not going to kill you and I'm no germaphobe, but it's disgusting to me! :rolleyes:

Contamination? The ball's going to end up in a cup of beer. No worries. It's more of an issue of making sure there's no lint stuck to the ball. That freakin' sucks!

My son and his friends played beer pong on the ping pong table while on The Glory. It was later at night and he even said the security guy watched them play LOL:rolleyes: Just tell him to bring 160z Solo cups forget the table

Red solo cups. Because any other color is sacrilege.

Wow...I can't believe anyone would buy a special table for beer pong (I mean water pong, of course;)).

Back in my crazy college sorority days, we also used a special table- we called it the kitchen or dining room table!! LOL!

We used to take a bi-fold closet door down from one of the bedrooms and use that. Took up less space and just the right length.

We used quarters. I guess they dont use them any more. We called it quarters.

Quarters is a game used with liquor.

I don't like playing much quarters. Last time I played with my buddy Jose, you guys might know him;-)

Well, needless to say that wasn't the best of nights.

I know it sounds stupid, but I'm actually distraught at the number of people who think beer bong and quarters are the same game...:mad:

Don't lose any sleep over it and I am sure you won't. And my friend Jose was actually Luke (changed his name but not his game) and can't say I can actually remember too much about that night. This is a fun thread brings back many fond and not so fond memories. Thanks

I know it sounds stupid, but I'm actually distraught at the number of people who think beer bong and quarters are the same game...:mad:

Wait ... how we've pulled beer bong into this too?

Let's clarify ...

Beer Pong = drinking game involving 20 Red Solo Cups, 10 to either side of the table, the object being to toss (or, in some localities, hit with a ping pong paddle) a ping pong ball into the cups of beer at the other end of the table, thus forcing the other team to drink said beer faster than you are forced to drink said beer. The first team to run out of beer loses. Also known as Beruit, especially in localities where ping pong paddles are in use.

Beer Bong = drinking beer out of a bong-shaped container, similar to funnelling or yarding. Also, using beer as liquid in a bong and then drinking it.

Quarters = a game who's sole object is to bounce a quarter into a highball glass. Local rules vary as to who drinks when (i.e., if playing by "turn to the right/left" rules, "person across from you", when you miss) and whether beer or shots are used.

Yeah, but that doesn't matter, because you aren't drinking it...the water is just a placeholder...you drink the beverage that's in your hand.

Yeah, but that doesn't matter, because you aren't drinking it...the water is just a placeholder...you drink the beverage that's in your hand.

When I recently played over the Christmas holidays, we all drank from the cup of beer that the ball landed in.

The (ping pong) table was set up out in the garage, so I'm quite sure they were no germs that were picked up by the ball rolling on the floor after a table miss.

Which, BTW, should be a penalty drink right there. I mean, c'mon, you can't even hit the table?! Funny thing though, the later the night went on the more table misses occurred...go figure.:eek:

Archived